Squeezlite and Volumio on minidsp shd

Hi,

I am using a minidsp SHD device. It is a room correction system using dirac and features a dac and additional an undefined arm board with volumio on it. There is a plugin for Volumio to run squeezelite. The version is v1.8.7-999. It is compiled with libwiringPi. The dac is supposed to be connected via I2S. I managed to compile the library and get the plugin to run.

Now The Question:

squeezelite -l gives me several devices:

null - Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
default:CARD=sndsun8ii2sdac - snd-sun8i-i2s-dac, - Default Audio Device
sysdefault:CARD=sndsun8ii2sdac - snd-sun8i-i2s-dac, - Default Audio Device
dmix:CARD=sndsun8ii2sdac,DEV=0 - snd-sun8i-i2s-dac, - Direct sample mixing device
dsnoop:CARD=sndsun8ii2sdac,DEV=0 - snd-sun8i-i2s-dac, - Direct sample snooping device
hw:CARD=sndsun8ii2sdac,DEV=0 - snd-sun8i-i2s-dac, - Direct hardware device without any conversions
plughw:CARD=sndsun8ii2sdac,DEV=0 - snd-sun8i-i2s-dac, - Hardware device with all software conversions
default:CARD=Codec - H3 Audio Codec, - Default Audio Device
sysdefault:CARD=Codec - H3 Audio Codec, - Default Audio Device
dmix:CARD=Codec,DEV=0 - H3 Audio Codec, - Direct sample mixing device
dsnoop:CARD=Codec,DEV=0 - H3 Audio Codec, - Direct sample snooping device
hw:CARD=Codec,DEV=0 - H3 Audio Codec, - Direct hardware device without any conversions
plughw:CARD=Codec,DEV=0 - H3 Audio Codec, - Hardware device with all software conversions

If I take the sndsun8ii2sdac I only get noise which turns on and of if I start palying or stop.
I I take the H3 Audio Codec I get nothing.

It is the same, when I use the latest squeezelite from sourceforge.

Any idea why this is so?

The Volumio player works fine, but I have a complete Squeezebox environment so I prefer to use squeezelite.
Any help would be appreciated.

Greets Christian

If possible, turn on resampling on LMS to 32bits and use the i2s device.

As far as I know, resampling is done by squeezelite and only a maximum of 28 bit is supported. Is there any other way?

Ok, then 16bits will do. There is a current issue with the i2s driver on this device that will result in white noise if playing 24bits material

I added

-R v:::16

as extra parameter for resampling with 16 bit precision in squeezelite plugin. No change, white noise. It doesn’t even play internet radio which is definitively 16 bit.
Greets
Chris

Hi,

will there be a fix for this problem in decent Time?

Greets
Chris

Hi,

Just installed today’s update 1.016. No change :frowning: .
Greets
Christian

Hi,

the testversion 1.018 doesn’t work either :frowning:
Greets
Christian

Hi,

version 1.023 does not work either. Will there ever be a fix?

Greets
Chris

Hi, unfortunately I don’t know and don’t use squeezelite, so I really can’t help much with your issue.
We optimized the Minidsp build to work perfectly with Volumio, I really can’t say why it does not work with squeezelite.
In any case, I will investigate.

Hi Michelangelo,

I got it to work after rereading the manpage of squeezelite over and over again.

The important switch is the alsa parameter tab in the plugin ( -a on the commandline) you have to set it to:

80:4:24:0

then all pcm stuff plays.
If you add extra parameters in the following way, it even plays dsd with resampling:

-r 44100-196000 -R vE:::24

Finally it works :slight_smile:

Greets
Christian

Great to hear! Well done!

Hi Michelangelo,

I got squeezelite up andd running until yesterday. The version 1.046 only produces noise, no matter what I tried. Maybe you can fix this soon. So far I went back to a raspi using PiCoreplayer.

Greets
Christian