Spotify wont accept my username and password again

Looks like will need a full re write, here’s when you appreciate the kind and selfless contribution of the community developers. I don’t think it’s fair to expect a quick solution, only the hope that someone with the right skillset has the time to tackle this endeavour.

1 Like

In another post @skikirkwood already expressed the lack of time to evolve the current plugin further, so rewriting it will most likely not be an option for him.
Let’s hope someone will pick this up. Preferable by @volumio as they already use these plugins as PR.

3 Likes

same here

I actually wanted to use it to build a portable Spotify radio.

1 Like

This sucks. I use my Primo for 90% Spotify. I´m holding my thumbs that @volumio will fix an official plugin.

2 Likes

Hello,
I had a chat with the Spotify help and they pointed out, that it is only allowed to use spotify certificated players. So perhaps it is intentionally blocked by spotify ?

2 Likes

that doesn´t sound promising… Maybe its time to move to tidal

Or Qobuz or …

1 Like

do you have a source for this?

1 Like

maybe this one?

1 Like

Is there a Qobuz plugin for Volumio, or do you just use their app?

There is no Qobuz plugin… It is a part of Myvolumio.

Do you have any ideas regarding this Spotify problem?

1 Like

@Carlos62
Please read this topic in full, I think the response from Youtopia nailed the issue.
Qobuz is integrated in Volumio’s paid version.
You can also use google to find a good free stable alternative, for a integrated solution with Qobuz, Tidal and Spotify. I will not mention it here by name as this forum is for Volumio.

@hb72
Source of Youtopia is called google

1 Like

Yeah, I have read the entire thread. I was asking if “he” had any ideas regarding a solution.

1 Like

tx. Source isn’t Google, its Spotify’s Josh Brown, so its official.

So, I assume Volumio is about to fix that, as they had made and still make their customers believe they are and will be able to stream Spotify on their Volumio devices. Or is it “Librasoft/Libspotify” only, Volumio offers?

Time to announce something for Volumio officials, methinks. What concerns me is that the date May 16 has been communicated well in advance and consequences have been known, I still see Spotify on Volumio’s web site mentioned many times, and I see Spotify as the market leader which Volumio should want to support, not sure about their share on the users of Volumio though…

As a customer I wouldn’t want to be driven out of my preferred streaming provider’s ecosystem more often than absolutely necessary.

hb

As far as i can see from the code, they have used the deprecated libspotify to perform the authentication as the the used API is still current. Hence the authentication error.

1 Like

so a smaller thing to fix?

tx
hb

@hb72,

Please keep in mind that the Spotify plugin is created by the community, so a forum user like us. Since the majority of us, have to work to earn some money, as Volumio is not paying our salary, we should be very thankful for their contribution. We have no right to to claim that any of them have an obligation to keep it working.

And there is a workaround to still use Spotify as integrated plugin in Volumio. You can always opt for the plugins “Logitech Media Server” and “Squeezelite player”

1 Like

With all due respect really, on this forum all of us are end-users of a free software called Volumio. While I believe the devs know very well the significance of Spotify in the music streaming market, we are in their hands if they want to hammer it out or not. I am saying this who used entirely Volumio only to stream Spotify, so I completely feel your pain but devs of free software are usually not really fond of demanding voices.

In case I misunderstood your comment or maybe overreacting, apologies. :peace_symbol:

2 Likes

i am aware about the community and am grateful for their work. my comment goes towards the company who sells products: a commercial enterprise (which Volumio is) should be careful with their advertising activities… Meaning I’d see the need to draw a line between The Company and their Commitments, and on the other side, The Community which are busy coders, individuals to whom no-one has a business relationship, and who’s work is a welcomed bonus, but in a very fast changing world The Product’s main functions shouldn’t rely on their work, methinks. Particularly not the planning of required coding to keep essential functions (well for me Spotify is) working.

2 Likes