Spotify wont accept my username and password again

I have Wheaten, as that is where I got the information on how to install the update in the first place. What I am having is trouble locating how one updates the beta once it is installed…and of course when there has been a new beta released. I will scan again but I would humbly suggest that a thread with just the updates & install/update instructions would make it much easier.

Apologies if I am annoying anyone with my questions…they are sincerely put, and not meant to be confrontational and/or obstructive.

the complete instructions are given in this topic, not sure what your missing: New Volumio Spotify Plugin Open Beta-Testing - #69 by volumio

Finding that information amongst all the feedback…which is why I have suggested that a thread with just the updates & install/update instructions would make it much easier.

Just trying to be helpful for other members such as myself who are new & less experienced than the old hands here. We are not all experts. :wink:

But thank you for the pointer…now have what I was looking for. Apologies for being troublesome.

1 Like

This Spotify plugin problem is really driving me nuts

And this log message isn’t very helpful, any one who can point me in the right direction?

Downloading plugin at https://plugins.volumio.workers.dev/pluginsv2/download/spop/3.0.1/volumio/buster/armhf
END DOWNLOAD: https://plugins.volumio.workers.dev/pluginsv2/download/spop/3.0.1/volumio/buster/armhf
Creating install location
Unpacking plugin
Checking that the plugin is suitable for this version of Volumio The plugin can be used with this version of Volumio
Checking for duplicate plugin
Copying plugin to location
Installing necessary utilities
An error occurred while installing the plugin Error

Volumio 3.301 running on a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2

1. I uninstalled my version from the Installed Plugins page:
  2. Rebooted Volumio (Shutdown → Restart)
  3. I then re-installed from the “Search Plugins”
  4. entered my Spotify Premium Account information which is required for browsing the Spotify lists in the Volumio User Interface (UI)
  5. REBOOT AGAIN
  6. Everything is working as expected:

NOTE: Spotify connect is in the same plugin, but does not use the Volumio UI, you control it from your phone or tablet and “cast” it to Volumio. it works for me both ways, I can control it from the Volumio UI or my Phone (on the same network) with the same plugin.

• Model: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus Rev 1.3
  • Version of Volumio: 3.301
  • Hw audio configured: Jabra Link 370

Logfile from my installation:

### Installing plugin

Downloading plugin at https://plugins.volumio.workers.dev/pluginsv2/downloadLatestStable/spop/volumio/buster/armhf
END DOWNLOAD: https://plugins.volumio.workers.dev/pluginsv2/downloadLatestStable/spop/volumio/buster/armhf
Creating install location
Unpacking plugin
Checking that the plugin is suitable for this version of Volumio The plugin can be used with this version of Volumio
Checking for duplicate plugin
Copying plugin to location
Installing necessary utilities
Launching a bash shell
Installing spop dependencies
Detected cpu architecture as armv7l
Latest version: v0.2.5 Requested version: v0.2.5
Supported device (arch = armv7l), downloading required packages for vollibrespot v0.2.5
Downloading file
Extracting...
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4422967 Jun 27 13:14 vollibrespot-armv7l.tar.xz
Writing systemd unit
Writing startconnect unit
spop installed
Finalizing installation
Finalizing installation
1 Like

Hi, I have the latest version of plugin, and volumio od PC x86 Dell.
But spotify plugin 3.0.1 do not store password and i still can not login to my spotify premium account.
I have “configuration has been updated successfully” - but then password disapears, and i can not browse spotify.

Password will not show in the UI (For valid security reasons). Did you reboot after installing, enabling and configuring the plugin?

Cuando agregas la cuenta de Spotify deberia aparecer LogoutCaptura

saludos , a mi me pasó hoy se quitó la contraseña y ahora no se activa spotify premium

1 Like

Same problem here, X86 spotify plugin 3.0.1 version, i can not browse spotify.

Tired of trying to fire up Spotify, upgraded to Volumio 3. The Spotify Plugin on Volumio 3 works. But… there’s LOTS of plugins missing in version 3… so… I am stuck anyways.

you can try using the test plugins by going to http://[volumio.local]/dev and enable test plugins, I am running a couple there and they are working just fine!

I have the latest version installed but after playing a few songs it pauses and I have to fast-forward the song or restart volumio for it to play. What should I do to prevent it from happening?

Volumio admin on this forum is deleting messages.
Warning! :frowning:

No they just deleted yours, since you didn’t have anything constructive to tell./mention.

1 Like

Exactly like you message.

2 Likes

Your post was deleted because it contained inaccurate information, as I did explain to you via PM.

1 Like

The cost of this forum is borne by Volumio. They are under no obligation whatsoever to provide a free platform for you or anyone else.

1 Like