Spotify stopped working, disappeared from tabs. Volumio 3 on RPi 4b

My Spotify has been working on my RPi 4b for a while now, even when I upgraded to Volumio 3.

Yesterday however, the Spotify tab disappeared on my dashboard. When I checked the plug-ins, it showed Spotify as “Inactive”. So I tried to log in with my Spotify Premium credentials, and Volumio keeps telling I entered the wrong username/password. I made sure I entered the correct Spotify login credentials (both manually and copy/paste to make sure I’m typing correctly) but the result is still a FAILURE to login.

What can be the reason for this? For now, I’m just trying to be happy with streaming Spotify on Volumio via Airplay, which isn’t ideal for me.

Thank you.

This has happened to me a couple of times. Once it just started working again the next day. With my second Volumio system, I had to reflash my SD with a fresh install and that fixed it. If that sounds too drastic, try uninstalling the Spotify plugin, hard reboot (power off and power on), then reinstall Spotify and try your credentials again. Good luck.

Hi Simon,

I did as you suggested: uninstalled, the reinstalled both Spotify and Spotify Connect 2. I’m happy to tell you that it’s working now.

Thank you, buddy!