Spotify - No sound

First at all I would like apologize. I try to found a older Topic but I failed.
I would like thanks devlopper for all the work. And let us enjoy so many feature.

On my Volumio
Youtube2 is working as a charm and soudcloud too

I install the 2.0.3 spotify pluggin. I have a prenium account and it’s linked
I can browse and see my playlist but when I play a sound I don’t have any music.

Here you will fnd some information. I should misse something and I am sorry to bother you

Version of Volumio: 2.882 with mpd 0.21 updated
DAC: Cambridge Audio USB Audio 1.0
Raspberry Pi 3

Here some log from dev mode :

UNSET VOLATILE info: CoreStateMachine::play index undefined info: CoreStateMachine::setConsumeUpdateService undefined info: CorePlayQueue::getTrack 0 info: CoreStateMachine::startPlaybackTimer info: CorePlayQueue::getTrack 0 info: [1620318050066] ControllerSpop::clearAddPlayTrack info: {“uri”:“spotify:track:20XyCtN4HMiL1BsvXyengf”,“service”:“spop”,“name”:“Venasque”,“artist”:“Ian Pooley”,“album”:“Since Then. 2017”,“type”:“song”,“duration”:274,“tracknumber”:2,“albumart”:“https://i.scdn.co/image/ab67616d0000b2732db86cc8632c1f3de087bc00",“samplerate”:“320Kbps”,“bitdepth”:"16 bit”,“trackType”:“spotify”} info: [1620318050066] ControllerSpop::sendSpopCommand info: ADDING DEFER FOR COMMAND uplay error: SPOP command error: Error: This socket has been ended by the other party

Here information about my spopd.conf

[spop]
high_bitrate = true
refresh_token = undefined
audio_output = sox
pretty_json = true
search_results = 50
cache_path =/run/shm

[sox]
output_type = alsa
output_name = plughw:5,0

Feel free to let me know if you need more information
Many thanks for you time
Have a nice day

Would you share some system logs please?

Preferable from a fresh reboot, with minimal steps to reproduce the problem :slight_smile:

http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/lnM2Att.html

Cheers :slight_smile:

Does you DAC have a hardware mixer? Please try setting the mixer type to Software in Settings and give it a go again?

Thanks for you help !!!
but it’s the same thing :frowning:

I change the mixer option by software. Then reboot then try to read some music on spotify.
The file is running but I get no sound.
I can read music on my nas or youtube or soundcloud

Here you will find me log
http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/0hiQjWU.html

Many thanks to you

Hmm, you seem to have some fundamental ALSA issues – even invoking aplay would probably fail. If you have been debugging and changing things your self, I would recommend starting again from a fresh image just to rule out other things. It would probably be the fastest way to confirm that something didn’t get messed up.

Keep us posted, good luck!

There you go :wink: Your MPD update has not gone smoothly with this particular Volumio version…

@Kmz, if you are using the MPD update I provided (most likely), then you can revert it to the original:

$ cd /opt/mpd-0.21.16_20191227/bin
$ sudo ./systemd-switch-mpd.sh --original

Follow with a reboot.

Having said that, the MPD update does not overwrite any of the original system files that came with Volumio, such as ALSA, pulseaudio and the SOX resampler. This custom MPD 0.21.16 is self-contained and the libraries it uses are isolated from the rest of the system. If the Spotify plugin relies on libasound_module_conf_pulse.so (which is reported as missing / broken in the logs), then it is relying on the version that is provided by Volumio instead of the one bundled with the custom MPD.

If you upgraded Volumio to 2.882 from a previous version, perhaps the upgrade broke some system files. For example, I found this in the forums:

That post is pretty old, but it’s still a Jessie-based installation and the error looks very much like the one you got when you do aplay -l. Perhaps you can try sudo apt-get install libasound2-plugins as mentioned in that thread?

@ashthespy , I know the Spotify plugin uses spopd for relaying commands and status updates, but under the hood does it use MPD for playback?

Spotify plugin (not the other connect plugin) uses spopd for playback via its internal player. It’s not doing anything with MPD AFAIK…

I’d put my money on the mixed repos causing library mismatches…

Have a look at this for details…

Thanks guys you rock!!!
I did a sudo apt-get install libasound2-plugins
Then a restart and it works.
No need to touch to the MPD.

Edited:
I don’t know how close the topic. I select the right comments in solution but no way to find how I can close it

oh wow. i can’t believe this worked! but why was this bug not fixed in spotify connect yet? or doesn’t it only affect a small subset of users? i’m using the topping d30 pro. what is it about my dac that causes this issue? to confirm, my mixer is set to hardware. all i had to do was install libasound2-plugins and voila sound appears!

Are you sure you are not confusing regular spotify vs connect? Spotify Connect shouldn’t require anything special.

Furthermore, shouldn’t libasound2-plugins come installed by default, unless the new builds are doing something funky…

turns out the volume was set to 0 by default everytime i switch to spotify connect. i’m still trying to figure out how to change it.