Spotify Error on Volumio 3 Buster Beta X86

Hi @balbuze, @ashthespy

Recently i tried to manually install the Spotify plugin on the latest beta version of the buster image for x86.

My system is the MinixZ64 with 64-bit 3.053 buster image (Volumio 3 Buster Beta for X86).

As the automatic plugin installation is not yet available, i tried the manual install steps as mentioned in

But first i get an error
Sorry, current device (arch = x86_64) is not supported! Terminating installation!

Then i tried to do the install using the install.sh. I edited the downloaded install.sh and changed the VLS_BIN to try the vollibrespot-aarch64.tar.xz and the vollibrespot-i686.tar.xz.

But no success so far. I keep getting the error

install.sh: line 68: ./vollibrespot: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error

and

volumio@volumio:/data/plugins/music_service$ systemctl status volspotconnect2.service
● volspotconnect2.service - Volspotconnect2 Daemon
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/volspotconnect2.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sat 2021-03-06 20:16:40 UTC; 12s ago
Process: 2494 ExecStart=/bin/bash /data/plugins/music_service/volspotconnect2/startconnect.sh (code=exited, status=126)
Main PID: 2494 (code=exited, status=126)

Mar 06 20:16:40 volumio systemd[1]: volspotconnect2.service: Service RestartSec=2s expired, scheduling restart.
Mar 06 20:16:40 volumio systemd[1]: volspotconnect2.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 4.
Mar 06 20:16:40 volumio systemd[1]: Stopped Volspotconnect2 Daemon.
Mar 06 20:16:40 volumio systemd[1]: volspotconnect2.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
Mar 06 20:16:40 volumio systemd[1]: volspotconnect2.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.
Mar 06 20:16:40 volumio systemd[1]: Failed to start Volspotconnect2 Daemon.

Is there anyway to make the spotify plugin work on the buster beta x86 builds.

We specifically asked beta testers NOT to install additional software, yet you did and are now asking for support. Please don’t, we have no time for that!!

Plugins for x86 beta are not available yet, we will announce as soon as we have them.
This is going to take a while, please be patient.