Spotify connect2 plugin is not working

Hi, i have installed spotify connect2, however i can not get it working. I miss the place to enter credentials.
How do i proceed?
thanks

If multi user is enaabled, you don’t need credentials. Use your smartphone or pc with the official Spotify app connected to the same network and you should see your volumio device

thx for the fast input. I thought i can control my spotify account through volumio UI

in this case, you need to install the other plugin “Spotify”

i understood that the difference between the two plugin is that one is for the free account and other is for the premium account

You are right, it works now. What caused some confusion is that connect2 says in the install window that it requires premium account. Thanks again

no at all…
Volspotconnect2 spotify connect is to listen Spotify on volumio using an other device running the app Spotify
Spotify, the other plugin allows to play track from spotify as local tracks, using Volumio UI
:wink:

got you thanks again

I installed spotify connect (volspot), is activated and running but spotify volumio is not visable as a network device.

Both devices must be on the same network.
You should see Volumio in Spotify app on the other device.

got spotify running but can not login , I have premium account.
when installing volspotconnect it says proccesor not supported x86_amd64.

So think it is not working for my system?

My spotify app in the phone recognize my volumio, but won’t connect. And I paid for the volumio to use the spotify connect.

First, you don’t pay for Spotify connect in Volumio as it is free.
Second, you give no information to help you to fix it.

First for me something is free when I don’t have to paid for using it, and you can’t use the spotify connect plugin in the free version of volumio.

Second, the plugin its installed, because I paid for the volumio plan that lets me installed.

About the information that you asked for, volumio is installed in a raspberry pi 4, with the spotify plugin ( this works fine), and the aforementioned spotify connect plugin. The audio output is trough a Shitt Modi dac connected to my audio system.

So the problem is: when I tried to make the connection of spotify app in my phone or laptop to my volumio in the raspberry, its recognized by the app but the audio came out trough the phone or the laptop and not trough my audio system.

Interesting – could you link to where you downloaded this Volumio image where you need to pay for Spotify Connect?

I confirm you don’t have to pay to using Spotify connect on volumio! Volumio is free. You install a free plugin! Sure, you need a Spotify premium account. But you pay Spotify, not Volumio.
Myvolumio is not free and offers other features (Qobuz, Tidal Bluetooth and other).
For your problem, can you send your log. Have you tried to change the volume mixer setting? Have you tried to set the plugin for a single user?

I would think it is the same issue – you need to select the Software mixer.

This is the site Download |Get Started | Volumio
So what’s a log, change to what and how you set the plugin for single user.

Selecting the Software mixer, solve the problem, thanks