Spotify Connect

ok i find! , my spotify-connect-web-chroot repertory iis in /root but when pi booting this reportery is not mouting, i move in /home/pi/ and is working now thx!

Marcia, this is now perfect - thanks.

BubbleUPnP back working 100%.

Don’t know if it was related or not but the update also resolves a volume control issue I had with android devices. Previously had to force stop app and restart to allow control. All working well now.

Thanks again

Stewart

That did the trick, thanks !!!

Nice service! Working great!

Is it possible to add the service to daemontools or monit to monitor the status, and restart the service when it’s down?

Working !! Thanks !!

just one bug (but maybe not due to this update) : when playing from spotify (file search from volumio browse and then spotify add replace and play) and try changing the volume (which does not work but that’s my older hifiberry DAC+) it resets the play timer but the song keeps playing normally.

Great work! This makes volumio a winner for me…but i’ll stick to 1.55 for now…
I got it up and running by reading 4 times those posts :wink:

Only the last step, setting up rc.local so it will auto-start doesn’t seem to work, only from within the terminal as previously stated by @kptaine
I ended up with /spotify-connect-web-chroot in my ROOT-dir and manually moving it to /volumio or /pi doesn’t do the trick.
Can someone explain me how to move this to /volumio so that it will be mounted and rc.local will work?
Thanks and looking forward to Volumio2!

Ok…i got it working! i’m not too experienced but maybe the steps i took (after a lot of trial and error) will help other people.
Of course, please let me know if this approach is wrong or too complicated, i am happy to learn!

1. Logged in with Putty as ‘volumio’-user and gave root permisssion to user ‘volumio’
sudo -i

I took all steps as ‘volumio’ user

1. Then if followed the guide from github.com/Fornoth/spotify-connect-web as posted before in this thread, but leaving out last step cause i wanted to make it all auto-start when turning on my Raspberry. I stayed in /home/volumio where i also copied my spotify_appkey.key into.

2. So spotify-connect-web-chroot directory and spotify-connect-web.sh are in /home/volumio, and there i create startconnect.sh as described by @balbuze (post 16852) thanks!
    Of course i did replace user ‘pi’ with ‘volumio’ in my case, and the line i added in /etc/rc.local:

su root -c /home/volumio/startconnect.sh &

Rebooted and my 'VolumiFy’showed up in my Spoitfy app on my phone! :mrgreen:

Dear friends,

I have a problem when I try to run spotify connect on my volumio 1.55 installation. I use the Raspberry PI, a hifiberry digi soundcard , and an external DAC (Music Fidelity V90 DAC).

When I enter

./spotify-connect-web.sh --name 'musicfidelity' --username 'xxx' --password 'xxxx' --bitrate '320'

I get the following error message:

SpInit: 0
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "main.py", line 27, in <module>
    connect_app = Connect(web_error_callback)
  File "/usr/src/app/connect.py", line 75, in __init__
    lib.SpPlaybackUpdateVolume(mixer_volume)
OverflowError: can't convert negative number to unsigned

Could somebody please explain to me what this means and how to solve this problem?
Thank you very much!

The URL developer.spotify.com/my-account/keys is not valid anymore to obtain the spotify_appkey.key.

Can anyone tell me where to get the spotify_appkey.key?

Is no one willing to help? :confused:

Over the new (?) developer website developer.spotify.com/my-applications I can´t find a way to download my appkey. An app I have still created there.

Where else is it possible?

If you have a Premium Account:

Performed on a laptop

1. developer.spotify.com/technologies/libspotify/ paste in your internet browser
  2. Click on “Get an Application Key”
  3. Login with your premium account
  4. To get your application keys, click “here”.
  5. Fill in “Request application key” Form
  6. Your application key request has been sent. Your new key should show on the “My Keys” page in a few moments.
  7. Go to “My Keys”
  8. Download Binary version
    Application Issued Key
    Volumio 2016-02-03 Binary | C-Code

Performed 2 minutes ago…

Thank you for your try. It´s strange, it works again!!

Yesterday I could not donwload my key. I talked to someone other who confirmed yesterday that it did not work. :confused:

Hi there,

I am getting this when I am trying to run ./spotify-connect-web.sh --username etc…

SpInit: 0
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “main.py”, line 27, in
connect_app = Connect(web_error_callback)
File “/usr/src/app/connect.py”, line 75, in init
lib.SpPlaybackUpdateVolume(mixer_volume)
OverflowError: can’t convert negative number to unsigned

Any ideas?

Thanks

@domars, bikeman

Hifiberry seems to require that you explicitly set the mixer.

With the command ‘amixer’ you can see all supported mixers.

I’m on an DAC+ pro, so I specify ‘–mixer Analogue’.

Hello! im having the same issue as @domars, bikeman.

my maxier shows

Simple mixer control 'Tx Source',0 Capabilities: enum Items: 'S/PDIF RX' 'AIF' Item0: 'S/PDIF RX'

amixer info shows

Card default 'sndrpihifiberry'/'snd_rpi_hifiberry_digi' Mixer name : '' Components : '' Controls : 1 Simple ctrls : 1

i have not been able to use the amixer --mixer commad cant find it in --help either.
Any sugestions apriciated.

As a workaround, try to change the next line in connect.py:

mixer_volume = int(mixer.getvolume()[0] * 655.35)

into:

mixer_volume = 1 #int(mixer.getvolume()[0] * 655.35)

You have to add the ‘–mixer NAME’ to the spotify-connect-web command, like:

spotify-connect-web.sh --name Volumio-lounge --mixer [MIXER NAME] --username XXXXX --password XXXXX --bitrate 320

Hello all,

I´am fighting like many other with spotify connect. I have a “Audiophonics I-Sabre DAC ES9023 V2 TCXO” DAC which uses the same output and driver like the Hifiberry DAC.

“amixer info shows” tells me:

Card default 'sndrpihifiberry'/'snd_rpi_hifiberry_dac' Mixer name : '' Components : '' Controls : 0 Simple ctrls : 0

I also tried to change the connect.py but without success.

The error I get is a bit different:

Loading Spotify library... Traceback (most recent call last): File "main.py", line 11, in <module> from connect import Connect File "/usr/src/app/connect.py", line 9, in <module> from console_callbacks import audio_arg_parser, mixer, error_callback, connection_callbacks, debug_callbacks, playback_callbacks, playback_setup File "/usr/src/app/console_callbacks.py", line 17, in <module> audio_arg_parser.add_argument('--mixer', '-m', help='alsa mixer name for volume control', default=alsa.mixers()[0]) IndexError: list index out of range

Any help is welcome :smiley:

What is the spotify-connect-web.sh command you are using?

This:

./spotify-connect-web.sh --username myname --password mypassword --bitrate 320 --name Volumio --device hw:0

Could you provide me the output of the commands aplay -l and aplay -L ?

And take a look here: github.com/Fornoth/spotify-conn … /issues/21