Spotify Connect Stopped Functioning?

Right. But just now Spotify plugin DOES NOT provide the display of the playlist. Like it used to provide.
Maybe because of Spotify updates?

I believe the Spotify plugin stopped displaying your personal playlists due to shutting off API access to part of Libspotify, and old, deprecated library we use to both retrieve your personal playlists and provide playback of Spotify tracks.

Iā€™m experimenting with the newer Spotify Web API (which we use to display Features Playlists, Whatā€™s New and Genres and Moods) to see if we can create a workaround.

Ok. thanks. Would be very helpful.

Hi,

I can see Volumio Pop in and out my Devices list. Both on Phone Spotify Client and Win10.

So is there an update to fix this? If so when can I download it?

I would really appreciate it :slight_smile:

(and yes Iā€™m talking about connect2)

https://github.com/balbuze/volumio-plugins/blob/master/plugins/music_service/volspotconnect2/readme.md

Noice! Thank you.

Iā€™m a noob so please take a moment.

Iā€™ve enabled the ssh and logged in using Putty.

entered the username and password to access the ssh.

I tried to copy the whole bit of code in and it seemed to have worked. I typed exit and got out of putty, I donā€™t know if I was suppose to save (or how to for that fact).

Restarted and no improvements. I tried doing it again with each line of code being entered separately and it said that it was already downloaded and installed so Iā€™m at a loss of what to do.

Any help is appreciated.

Hi!
If you have properly enter the command to install the plugin via ssh now jut go in the webUI plugin page, installed plugin and you should see volspotconnect2. Enable it and go !

Awesome thanks.

Might want to consider adding that to the instructions that you have provided.

Thanks again.

This is clearly affecting a lot of people. Why does it take so long to push the updated plugin through the volumio repository?

The existing one doesnā€™t work so surely itā€™s a no regrets decision, even if testing is ongoingā€¦

HI!
I updated the readme for the installation and plugin enabling.
Yes I know it takes a long time to validate the pluginā€¦

Is this validation, peer code review or independent regression testing?

It is dependent on @volumio team time :wink:

I just had an experience where everything except spotify connect was working. I tried rebooting, reinstalling plugins, connecting via ssh and trying to update the pluginā€¦ No improvement.

It had been working before I transferred the raspberry pi from a wired connection to a wireless connection in another room. I decided to try changing the device name in the Volumio UI. That fixed it.

1 Like

@freshmas Please donā€™t resurrect very old threads, since the situation now is very unlikely to be the same. For example, this plugin has gone through at least one version change since May 2018. Make yourself a new post.

Btw, welcome to the Volumio Community :slight_smile:

I found this thread today while troubleshooting and registered specifically to share the solution to my problem.

It is rude to be like this guy:

1 Like

Well problem still existsā€¦.

Would you care to elaborate?

Using pi4+ 8gb and spotify connect2 plugin via pro max 12 (ios 14.5) and a new 5g router from huawei with all latest updates from volumio and it says many times a day that rpi canā€™t connect and spotify doesnt find it in the list. Very annoying. A week ago it worked fine but today and yday it just wonā€™t work.

Could you share some logs?

Either a link to a full debug log or a quick snippet from the /dev page using the livelog feature or via ssh.

# Volumio logs
journalctl -f 
# vollibrespot logs
journalctl -f -o cat -u volspotconnect2.service

Note you might need sudo before these commands depending on the version of Volumio your running

1 Like