Spotify Connect Stopped Functioning?

Hi,

Not sure this is the right place to post but all of a sudden spotify connect has stopped working on my volumio devices. I can see the devices from the spotify app (PC and android) but as soon as I select them it fails to connect. Nothing has changed since yesterday when it was all okay. Has there been some sort of update?

Thanks
Martyn

I’m also having this same issue as of recently. Spotify works with the web interface Spotify integration, but Spotifyconnect just hangs. I also noticed that the device is showing up as an available device on and off. One time volumio rebooted entirely while trying to connect.

Sounds similar to my scenario. The devices show up but sometimes disappear, and it it failing to connect. I have so far uninstalled and reinstalled the spotifyconnect plugin. I have also tried the dev version of the plugin. None of these things appears to fix the issue. It has been working perfectly for months. The spotify plugin is working fine.

Hopefully someone might have further suggestions?

Thanks,

Martyn

Looks like it may be an issue with librespot

github.com/balbuze/volumio-plugins/issues/169

I will look more tonight

Fix (github.com/balbuze/volumio-plugins/pull/171) should be merged once tested :slight_smile:

Great news

There is now a fix that works. It requires SSH installation atm but will make it into the plugin once tested. See github.com/balbuze/volumio-plugins/issues/169

Will the plugin be updated for this fix?

I can confirm
Odroid C2 + volumio 2.344 + volumio Spotify Connect 2 dev ver. 0.7.3 ( with fix 169) is working !

Confirmed! :slight_smile: Thank you!

Can you tell me if this is related? Everything in My Playlists has disappeared. I can get into and play Genre and Moods, etc just fine.

I have the same problem.

Has this been push to the volumio plug repository yet? I still have no Spotify connect…

No, that’s a separate issue. There is the “Spotify” plugin and the “Volumio Spotify Connect2” plugin.

The “Spotify” plugin uses an old, deprecated Spotify library and I believe it’s possible they shut down access to it recently. In that case, you should install the “Volumio Spotify Connect2” plugin.

Without “Spotify” plugin Spotify disappears (usrname/passwd uses “Spotify”).
My playlists disappeared suddenly, without any operations.

Spotify Connect lets you use any client (Andorid/iOS/Windows/Linux) for the control, while playing the music on your Volumio instance.

It doesnt work neither. Volumio shows that it playing but i cant hear nothing.
I solved by changing rpi volumio to chromecast audio [emoji16]

The “Spotify” plugin uses an old, deprecated Spotify library and I believe it’s possible they shut down access to it recently. In that case, you should install the “Volumio Spotify Connect2” plugin.
[/quote]
Without “Spotify” plugin Spotify disappears (usrname/passwd uses “Spotify”).
My playlists disappeared suddenly, without any operations.
[/quote]
Spotify Connect lets you use any client (Andorid/iOS/Windows/Linux) for the control, while playing the music on your Volumio instance.
[/quote]
I have both plugins installed. Using Windows, my playlists disappeared.

Just to be clear :
volspotconnect2 (spotify connect) DOES not display playlist or anything else than the played track. You play from the official Spotify app only with a smartphone or computer.
Spotify plugin provide the display of the playlist. You play music only from volumio UI
There is no link between both…

But it doesnt work neither.i disabled spotify plugin but works like I subscriped above…
I got bored (not volumios fault) to that it changes quite often that spotify breaks ip. And also that missing googlemusic support.