Spotify Connect connection lost 'overnight'

I have been using Volumio 2 with Spotify Connect now for quite a while. It was always working fine, except that the connection was frequenctly lost overnight. This turned out to be an issue with my Cable modem, which was dropping connections to deviceds that weren’t being used. E.g. I also had to restart my wifi printer on a regular basis.

The cable company provided me with a new modem, and now the connection toVolumio and my printers stays alive. Except for the Spotify Connect plugin. It seems that the connection is lost overnight, that is, when it hasn’t been used for a long time. I can easily solve this by going to the plugin page and disabling the plugin and enabling it immediately again. But itr is especially cumbersome for my wife.

Is there a way to solve this?

ETA: I just did a test where I rebooted my modem, similating a loss of wifi signal. After the modem rebooted, volumio itself reconnected fine, but the volspotconnect plugin didn’t. Perhaps this is a pointer for the pros around here.

My problem is solved. Turned out to be an issue with my cable connection. My ISP sent a technician over to my house to install a new wall socket, as the modem kept losing it cable signal. Since then, both volumio and the spotify connect plugin have been up and running uninterrupted.