Spotify Connect 2 doesn't work after working for weeks

Volumio Information

Volumio Version: 2.873
Hardware: RP4
DAC:TOPPING D10s

Hi,

My Volumio with Spotify Connect 2 worked fine for several weeks. After a sudden power line crash, it stopped work since then.

In my PC and my Iphone I can see Volumio Connect option, but it is shadowed and it isn’t possible to select.

I’ve restart the system, with no success.

Thank you.

have you tried to disable / enable the plugin?

Yes, i did, combined with several restarts

Have you changed your volume mixer in playback settings?

Yes I did.
And as I said in the subject the whole system ran fine since the power cut. Always with the volume mixer in hardware mode it worked fine.

Could you share some logs?

Either a link to a full debug log or a quick snippet from the /dev page using the livelog feature or via ssh.

# Volumio logs
journalctl -f 
# vollibrespot logs
journalctl -f -o cat -u volspotconnect2.service

Note you might need sudo before these commands depending on the version of Volumio your running

There is

volumio_spotify_connect2_issue.txt (647.0 KB)

Could you share the output of cat /data/plugins/music_service/volspotconnect2/volspotify.*
It looks like there is some corruption in the file?

1 Like
# Default Vollibrespot config
# This file is autogenerated from the plugin, and will be overwritten when system changes are detected
[Authentication]
shared = ${shared}
username = '${username}'
password = '${password}'
device-name = '${devicename}'  # Name of the Spotify connect device

[Playback]
bitrate = ${bitrate}
enable-volume-normalisation = ${normalvolume}
normalisation-pregain = 1 # "Pregain (dB) applied by volume normalisation"
volume-ctrl = '${mixeropts}' # Volume control type - [linear, log, fixed]. Default is linear
autoplay = ${autoplay}
gapless = ${gapless}

[Output]
device = '${outdev}'
initial-volume = ${initvol}
mixer = '${mixer}' # softvolume or alsa
mixer-name = '${mixname}'
mixer-card = '${mixdev}'
mixer-index = ${mixidx}
# Disable alsa's mapped volume scale (cubic). Default false
mixer-linear-volume = ${mixlin}
backend = 'alsa'

[Misc]
disable-audio-cache = true  # Cache audio files (relies on local system for cleanup!)
cache-location = '/tmp'     # Path to cache
metadata-port = 5030
# ap-port =  443 # Connect to AP with specified port. If no AP with that port are present fallback AP will be used. Available ports are usually 80, 443 and 4070
# Default Vollibrespot config
# This file is autogenerated from the plugin, and will be overwritten when system changes are detected
[Authentication]
shared = true
username = ''
password = ''
device-name = 'Volumiokefe'  # Name of the Spotify connect device

[Playback]
bitrate = 320
enable-volume-normalisation = true
normalisation-pregain = 1 # "Pregain (dB) applied by volume normalisation"
volume-ctrl = 'linear' # Volume control type - [linear, log, fixed]. Default is linear
autoplay = true
gapless = true

[Output]
device = 'plughw:5'
initial-volume = 100
mixer = 'alsa' # softvolume or alsa
mixer-name = 'D10s '
mixer-card = 'hw:5'
mixer-index = 0
# Disable alsa's mapped volume scale (cubic). Default false
mixer-linear-volume = false
backend = 'alsa'

[Misc]
disable-audio-cache = true  # Cache audio files (relies on local system for cleanup!)
cache-location = '/tmp'     # Path to cache
metadata-port = 5030
# ap-port =  443 # Connect to AP with specified port. If no AP with that port are present fallback AP will be used. Available ports are usually 80, 443 and 4070

volumio@volumiokefe:/$
1 Like

You have something strange going on – The daemon starts up fine initially,

Mar 23 20:35:17 volumiokefe volumio[1295]: vollibrespot v0.2.2 cd96399 2020-10-07 (librespot 08d8bcc 2020-10-07) -- Built On 2020-10-07
Mar 23 20:35:17 volumiokefe volumio[1295]: Reading Config from "volspotify.toml"
Mar 23 20:35:17 volumiokefe volumio[1295]: [Vollibrespot] : Using Alsa backend with device: softvolume

But then later seems to have a corrupted config file:

Mar 23 20:36:16 volumiokefe volumio[1715]: Malformed config key: expected an equals, found a newline at line 33 column 4
Mar 23 20:36:16 volumiokefe systemd[1]: volspotconnect2.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE

Could you reboot your system and send a fresh log? You can just paste the generated log link instead of a text file :slight_smile:

There is:
http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/9O25fYY.html

sorry, I’m not handy with tech forums :frowning:

1 Like

Looks like the system hasn’t finished booting up. Please reboot, try playing a song from Connect, and then send a log? :slight_smile:

Well,

I’d rebooted the RP, but I can’t attempt to play a song because the Connect isn’t available.
The log:
http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/jQpWOT2.html

Many thanks

Did you try re-installing Volumio ?

Not yet. I hope It can be solved without re-installation.

The daemon is (now) up and running fine now, but is probably not showing up on your Spotify client for some reason. Try disabling the multi-user account and login with your credentials to confirm?

1 Like

Disable the multi-user account from where? I did not understand that, sorry

SOLVED

The problem wasn’t in the RP or Volumio.

I just have closed all spotify sessions in the Spotify’s web site. Then gone to mi cell phone, put my credentials and go!

Thanks to all for your inavaluable help!