Hw audio configured: HiFiBerry DAC Plus
Mixer type: Hardware
Number of channels: 2
Supported sample rate: 44100 48000 88200 96000 176400 192000

Board info

Manufacturer: Raspberry Pi Foundation
Model: BCM2835 - Pi 3 Model B+
Version: a020d3 - Rev. 1.3
Firmware Version: Apr 27 2020 14:35:17 - 3a8f1793b758d6fb7f375edaa260e069ecd34c88

CPU info

Brand: Processor rev 4 (v7l)
Speed: 1.40Mhz
Number of cores: 4
Physical cores: 4
Average load: 46%
Temperature: 58°C

Memory info

Memory: 992932 Ko
Free: 44820 Ko
Used: 948112 Ko

Hi,
I have been running the SOS Solutions Volumio Touch for some time without problems.
For some reason it crashed recently, and I was unable to get it working with the screen gain. I could access it from my laptop with the Web interface or Putty.
I tried re-installing the Touch plugin, but to no avail.
I ultimately upgraded to the latest version. I can still access through the web interface and putty, but the web interface uses generic names like “common.settings” or “plugins.plugins_managment”.
Is there a Volumio_Touch ready made image available, or a step by step guide to install and run volumio with the touch screen ?
Note, I’m computer literate, but have very limited experience with Linux, json, C programming.
Thanks for any help.

As there seem to be some issues with version 2.799 I would suggest to download version 2.779, flash the image and install the Touch Display plugin. This way you should get a working system relatively easy - at least easier and faster than going through hunting down what lead to the crash and what has to be done for repair :wink:

Thanks for the quick answer. Any idea how I get access to the SOS Solutions Touch’s SD card without dismantling the whole device ?

btw, the Touch Display plugin displays that is it not recommended for PI3B+. Is this still true ?

No, the plugin works on Pi3A, Pi3B+ and Pi4B, too.

Unfortunately no. I have the same case for a system I use for testing. What I do is using an extension cable for the SD card slot so I don’t have to remove the Pi each time I need to physically access the card.