Some ID3 tags not recognized

I have my music library tagged using ID3v2 tags, but for this one specific album, the album name tags are not recognized. Volumio’s web UI has the text “Unknown Title” in the album name field. All the other tags (track, title, artist, genre, etc) are recognized correctly.

SSHing into the music directory and listing the tags on the files with “id3v2 -list” shows the tag just fine.
I have already cleared all tags and re-added them, rescanned my music library, reinserted the USB storage device the files are on. I have checked that I do not accidentally have this album twice, once with and once without the correct tags.

I’m not sure where to look now. Anyone familiar with this problem?
How does volumio read ID3 tags? Does this process keep logs perhaps?

Cheers,
Rintse

Volumio Information

Volumio Version: 2.834
Hardware: RPI 3B
DAC: Khadas Tone Board

It might be useful to show the album and relevant tags here.
The album isn’t called Unkown Title is it? Is that really the text, or did you make a typo?

I don’t know what showing the album and tags would mean. Do you want the album name, and the output of id3v2 -list?

You seem like you know what you are doing, but sometimes a second set of eyes will spot something. I’m thinking an illegal character, an unusual character that Linux/Volumio/MPD can’t understand, or a similar issue that is causing the incorrect listing/display of the problematic album.

The name of the album:
A screencap of the tags in a tag editor:
The album tag as text:

etc.

It concerns Clouds by Joni Mitchell

Tags for track 1.
id3v2 tag info for 01 - Tin Angel.flac:
TIT2 (Title/songname/content description): Tin Angel
TRCK (Track number/Position in set): 01
TALB (Album/Movie/Show title): Clouds
TPE1 (Lead performer(s)/Soloist(s)): Joni Mitchell
TYER (Year): 1969
TCON (Content type): Folk (80)

Volumio UI:
Screenshot_20201009-193543__01

Putting the copied text from the terminal through a character analysis tool shows just the expected characters.

There has to be something wrong with the tags.
I just grabbed a copy of that album, ran the files through MP3Tag to clean it up and make sure it’s in the tagging style I like. Copied the album to my Volumio, ran Update Folder on the USB drive, then went and found the album a few different ways.
By Music Library, Joni Mitchell, Clouds

By Album, Joni Mitchell, Clouds

By Artist, Joni Mitchell, Clouds

And finally the displays with the album playing

I’d suggest opening all the album flac files in a tag editor and updating the Album field.

Well then, I had to dig up a machine with a GUI, but loading the album up in easytag does indeed show the album name field is set to “Unknown Title”. It’s fixed now. Can’t help but wonder how both id3tool and id3v2 can’t see this. Thanks for the help.

Glad to hear you got it sorted. The GUI tag editors are useful for finding oddities and issues sometimes.