[SOLVED] Volumio 2.246 failed open Alsa

what Volumio version are you using? This issue should be solved with latest release.

could you please enable ssh and post the log of aplay -l ?

1 Like

Hi Darmur,

Thank you for such a quick reply!
It’s all new equipment and was a brand-new flash of the latest version of Volumio only downloaded yesterday.

The contents of the log are as follows…

**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: sndrpihifiberry [snd_rpi_hifiberry_dac], device 0: HifiBerry DAC HiFi pcm5102a-hifi-0 [HifiBerry DAC HiFi pcm5102a-hifi-0]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Thanks again for trying to assist a novice here :slight_smile:

I think you selected the wrong I2S DAC from the list, please make sure to select exactly your model!

1 Like

Hi Darmur,

Got it working! I think it was a faulty CoAxial cable, the expensive one failed to work but a simple cheap one I found worked and the strange thing was when the faulty cable was attached it would incorrectly recognise the soundcard, but with the cheapy connected it correctly recognised it as a Digi+.

All working now, thanks very much for your assistance. :smile:

I had problem with HifiBerry + Light , no matter what I did couldn’t get it to work, was getting error about ALSA. After inspecting closely Hifiberry board I noticed sign dtoverlay=hifiberry-dac
Edited /boot/config.txt file accordingly and after reboot got it working, no more error messages so far. Thank you for support.

Same issue here, same DAC HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro.

This trick worked for me. My config was: RBpi4B + HifiBerry DAC2 Pro.
Thanks Volumio