[SOLVED] Volumio 1.55 wifi problem

Hi,

I am trying to setup wifi on V 1.55. the dongle I use is a wn725n from TP Link. my Raspberry is version B (the old one, not the b+ nor the PI 2). I used this setup with an older version of volumio without any problem.

connected with ssh at first boot, if I use the command “sudo iwconfig” I can see wlan0 that is unconfigured.

then if I connect using wired Lan to the web interface and go to menu -> Network and setup my wpa wifi, in ssh the wlan0 device in no more present. even after reboot no way to get it back.

in dmesg no information about it.

if someone have any idea before my raspberry flies through the windows…

thank you

It should indeed work.

To use a wireless network, you have to enter its parameters.

Enter the exact name (SSID) and WPA/WPA-2 Personal password of your wireless network and save these changes. The status information should confirm that you are successfully connected to your wireless network.

See screenshot volumio-network-settings.png

Hello,
did you tried to install the wn725n driver… ?

Note: there are several version of this key…

A link to the driver including installer : http://dl.ciph.se/raspberrypi/install-8188eu.tgz

Alternate

wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80256631/8188eu-20140209.tar.gz tar -zxvf 8188eu-20140209.tar.gz sudo install -p -m 644 8188eu.ko /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/kernel/drivers/net/wireless sudo insmod /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/8188eu.ko sudo depmod -a

Alternate …

wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80256631/8188eu-20140307.tar.gz //make sure you use the correct dropbox url for your Raspberry version tar -zxvf 8188eu-20140307.tar.gz sudo cp rtl8188eufw.bin /lib/firmware/rtlwifi //not needed anymore if your operating system is above 3.10.33+ sudo install -p -m 644 8188eu.ko /lib/modules/3.10.33+/kernel/drivers/net/wireless sudo insmod /lib/modules/3.10.33+/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/8188eu.ko sudo depmod -a sudo reboo

And mate keep your RPi, or tell me where is your windows 8^)

Hi,

I restarted from the begining (once more) to give you some screenshots.

so :

• volumio 1.55 on a 2GB µSD copied win W32DiskImager
  • first boot :

[code]volumio@volumio:~$ sudo iwconfig
wlan0 unassociated Nickname:“WIFI@REALTEK
Mode:Auto Frequency=2.412 GHz Access Point: Not-Associated
Sensitivity:0/0
Retry:off RTS thr:off Fragment thr:off
Encryption key:off
Power Management:off
Link Quality:0 Signal level:0 Noise level:0
Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0
Tx excessive retries:0 Invalid misc:0 Missed beacon:0

lo no wireless extensions.

eth0 no wireless extensions.
[/code]

then I installed the driver from :

raspberrypi.org/forums/view … hp?t=62371

[code]volumio@volumio:~$ sudo tar xvf 8188eu-20150130.tar.gz
8188eu.ko
8188eu.conf
install.sh
volumio@volumio:~$ sudo ./install.sh
sudo cp 8188eu.conf /etc/modprobe.d/.
sudo install -p -m 644 8188eu.ko /lib/modules/3.18.5+/kernel/drivers/net/wireless
sudo depmod 3.18.5+

Reboot to run the driver.

If you have already configured your wifi it should start up and connect to your
wireless network.

If you have not configured your wifi you will need to do that to enable the wifi.
[/code]

I tryed to configure wifi from the web interface with no succes

i tryed to configure wifi using this I had in my bookmarks :
weworkweplay.com/play/automatica … i-network/

with no succes

some “sudo /etc/init.d/networking restart” and “sudo init 6” later still not connected :

volumio@volumio:~$ sudo iwconfig wlan0 unassociated Nickname:"<WIFI@REALTEK>" Mode:Auto Frequency=2.412 GHz Access Point: Not-Associated Sensitivity:0/0 Retry:off RTS thr:off Fragment thr:off Encryption key:off Power Management:off Link Quality:0 Signal level:0 Noise level:0 Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0 Tx excessive retries:0 Invalid misc:0 Missed beacon:0

I tryed once more to configure wifi with the web interface and voila !!!

wlan0 IEEE 802.11bgn ESSID:"MYNETWORK" Nickname:"<WIFI@REALTEK>" Mode:Managed Frequency:2.462 GHz Access Point: 00:24:D4:66:06:14 Bit Rate:72.2 Mb/s Sensitivity:0/0 Retry:off RTS thr:off Fragment thr:off Encryption key:****-****-****-****-****-****-****-**** Security mode:open Power Management:off Link Quality=100/100 Signal level=100/100 Noise level=0/100 Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0 Tx excessive retries:0 Invalid misc:0 Missed beacon:0

I don’t understand but it works …

thank you

i have a similar problem…

comfast cf-wu810n… which uses the realtek rtl 8188eus chip nt the 8188eu.
Should this same driver work or should i try to find a different one?
ifso where :stuck_out_tongue: (i am willing to google, just don’t wanna wreck things with the complete wrong driver, driver no problem as long as its not also a firmware type thingy.)

and ps: that link doesn’t work… not anymore anyway.

Kind greatz Matt