[solved] Raspberry PI3 Wifi issues

Hi there,

I had a working setup until I decided to upgrade the packages via apt - well I shouldnt have done this … So I did a fresh install with the latest image available, after disabling the hotspot and adding the PI’s (I got 2) they connect to wifi …

Unfortunately usually in less than 200 pings they will disconnect and will no longer reconnect to the wifi … I got other Pi’s with different things right next to them which don’t disconnect from the wifi and have very good reception so I doubts its related to the wifi network itself as otherwise the devices would disconnect as well … but looking at the volumio webui the volumios show very poor reception … just out of interest I did change the sdcards into one of the other pi which currently run jessie but with the same results - poor network connection being shown in the webui … starting from the original image I had in the other pi - perfect reception again …

I did upgrade one of the Pi’s as I had the assumption that it might be related to the usb wlan stick but seeing the behaviour now I would assume its something else that causes the device to disconnect - which was the same issue I had previously …

there is nothing in the logs at all - so I was wondering how to troubleshoot this or if anyone else if having this or similar connection issue? interestingly wifi doesnt disconnect if I have ethernet connected as well - only as soon as I disconnect ethernet shortly after wifi will disconnect as well …

logs have been sent to logs.volumio.org/volumio/MSelhjC.html - the 192.168.85x connections is me attaching ethernet to ssh back into the device

cheers
r4n

edit: solved by completely moving to piCorePlayer