[SOLVED] Pine A64 support

me too :slight_smile:

I must say I’m pleased by this device so far… And great work gé (as usual…).

Here you have a test image:
updates.volumio.org/pine64/volum … 64.img.zip

What has been added:

• Proper naming for the board
  • Proper sound card naming
  • Default mixer for audio jack
  • DSP Control for onboard HDMI out

Let me know how it goes!

Bene!
I’m going to try your test image!
ciao

Well done Michelangelo, it works!!! but only via lan. Wifi for me is not working

Pine64 2G complete with wifi module + usb DAC (HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC ES9023 96Khz/24bit - USB receiver: SA9023)
hifimediy.com/sabre-dac-uae23

Guys, I got a report that there is a problem with factory reset.
I noticed an error being thrown in initrd while trying to mount /boot.
Presumably it is because of a missing kernel setting for iso8859-1.
Due to this, the factory reset does not get executed.
Not only that: resizing the data partition does not seem to work either, possibly causing a row of other problems.
I’ll fix it asap.

-Gé-

Any update to this? Is there a way to fix the partition resize thing manually? Thanks!

can anyone confirm again if wifi is working yet before I give it another try? thanks!

Unfortunately not, I have been testing today with a new version but there is no noticable progress.
We stilll have an issue with getting an ip address for normal wireless operation.

-Gé-

I’ve tried the test build on a wired connection, which works great.
However, for some reason I can’t add Samba shares. It appears that the path will always be malformed with a “:” added even though I don’t target a specific port.

Forgot I had a Pine and intended to use it for audio/video, installed the latest last night and everything works well (not using wifi). It’s no different than before with the RPi2, except it’s much more responsive of course.

I’ve got it installed from the Pine wiki (Volumio 2.028-2016-11-17)

Resizing the volume seems to be problematic and without being able to do that, installing plugins (like Spotify) basically crashes the machine.\

Also, being able to input nameservers inside the static ip boxes would be helpful. Switching to static IP appears to break nslookups.

Happy to try nightlies or help in any other way. Would like to ultimately connect to my DAC eventually.

Hi, you do not need to touch the partitions, the data partition will be resized automatically upon first boot.
I did not notice there was anything in the Pine wiki, will check to make sure it is correct.

Edit: From the wiki description you can’t do anything wrong by not doing anything, just download, unpack and flash.
The image will resize itself to the SD cards max capacity upon first boot (after creating a factory copy for a reset option).

If you have space problems, I would be interested to know what size of SD you are using and what exactly you have done so I can help.

For DAC support I’m waiting for tllim to come up with news, there is no experience we can add at the moment.
I’m planning to play with I2S over the festive season. The I2S module has been loaded, have not had the time yet to verify.

-Gé-

After first boot, on a 64GB sdcard, system reports the following:

And after reboot it looks like this

Your df makes me suspicious about the image version as I do not understand why your “overlayfs” is only 149MB, wheras mine is 6.3GB after first time booting.

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on overlayfs 6.3G 18M 5.9G 1% / /dev/mmcblk0p2 1.4G 680M 613M 53% /imgpart /dev/loop0 339M 339M 0 100% /static devtmpfs 1.1G 0 1.1G 0% /dev tmpfs 1.1G 0 1.1G 0% /dev/shm tmpfs 1.1G 5.0M 1.1G 1% /run tmpfs 5.3M 4.1k 5.3M 1% /run/lock tmpfs 1.1G 0 1.1G 0% /sys/fs/cgroup tmpfs 1.1G 17k 1.1G 1% /tmp tmpfs 1.1G 0 1.1G 0% /var/spool/cups tmpfs 21M 13k 21M 1% /var/log tmpfs 1.1G 0 1.1G 0% /var/spool/cups/tmp /dev/mmcblk0p1 63M 17M 46M 27% /boot tmpfs 209M 0 209M 0% /run/user/1000

It looks like your image does match the version you should have had, can you go to the system menu and check the version?

Seems recent

System Version: 2.028 Released: Thu Nov 17 19:51:31 CET 2016

EDIT: But I see that current for the RPi is .041 … not sure what’s needed to port to PINE64

Don’t wory about current versions, they are numbered sequentially as things get fixed for whatever platform.
I’ll check 2.028 as my worry is a specific pine64 issue I solved for incorrect first boot did not make it into a (pre-)release.
Pls. check your PM in an hour (might be there earlier) . I’l give you a link to my dev image, just to make sure.

-Gé-

Awesome. Ready to flash whenever you get it to me.

#gkkpch any chance you could send me link too? Happy to be involved in any future testing also

Really sorry, the pine64 image needs some changes re. wifi which we are still working on.
But because of holiday times, this will take at least another 10 days or so…