[SOLVED] No hotspot with Raspberry Zero W

Hi everybody,

Last week I’ve install with success Volumio on my RPI3. After first boot, Volumio hotspot was appear on my WIFI network list avec after connection i was able to configure access to my home wifi using UI without any problem.

Because I want to make a small web radio, I have order a RPI Zero W and I’ve just receive it. I write Volumio on my SD Card using Etcher as usual, put the card on my RPI 0 and plug it to power. Green light blink and after 5 / 10 minutes stop blinking but stay on. But no hotspot on my wifi list. I have try to update bcm2708-rpi-0-w.dtb with latest github version but same problem: no hotspot after reboot.

My goal is to use RPI 0 headless because I have no mini HDMI adaptator and no RJ45 -> mini-USB adaptator and if it’s possible I don’t want to buy these two items.

I have two questions:

• is it a common RPI 0 W issue ?
  • is there any solution to put a file on boot folder to automatically connect RPI on my network as it’s possible on Raspbian (using wpa_supplicant.conf file) ?

Thank you

To avoid errors:
Have you tested another sd card?
Did you download the image file again?

No. With my RPi Zero I had no problems to reach and connect to the Volumio Hotspot.

There are two files where the network is mentioned:

• ⁄data⁄configuration⁄system_controller⁄network⁄config.json

{ "dhcp": { "value": true, "type": "boolean" }, "ethip": { "value": "127.0.0.1", "type": "string" }, "ethnetmask": { "value": "255.255.255.0", "type": "string" }, "ethgateway": { "value": "0.0.0.0", "type": "string" }, "wirelessNetworksSSID": { "type": "array", "value": [ { "type": "string", "value": "" }, { "type": "string", "value": "your_wifi_SSID_home" }, { "type": "string", "value": "your_wifi_SSID_office" } ] }, "wirelessNetworksPASSWD": { "type": "array", "value": [ { "type": "string", "value": "" }, { "type": "string", "value": "your_wifi_key_home" }, { "type": "string", "value": "your_wifi_key_office" } ] } }

• ⁄etc⁄wpa_supplicant⁄wpa_supplicant.conf

[code]ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant

network={
scan_ssid=1
ssid=“your_wifi_SSID_home”
psk=“your_wifi_key_home”
priority=2
}
network={
scan_ssid=1
ssid=“your_wifi_SSID_office”
psk=“your_wifi_key_office”
priority=1
}[/code]

Thank you for this detailed answer. I will received a new SD Card today so I will download the Volumio image again and make some tests with this new card. If the problem still exists I will try to configure the files you describe.

Thanks

Hahaha, it seems that ModMyPi shop send me a RPI 0 instead of the RPI 0 W I have order.
So, without wifi, no hotspot :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you