[SOLVED] MINI86 Update Problem - No longer working

I’m dead in the water after updating my Mini86 from v2.290 to v2.295; three attempts to reset with factory_reset file on USB stick were unsuccessful. Absent a USB keyboard (I have only Bluetooth keyboards) is there another path to recovery?

Update: My wife (the smart one in the family) produced a VGA monitor and cordless USB keyboard. I’ll try the recommended BIOS change and report back.

Update: No luck. See next post with screenshot (pending moderator approval). @michelangelo

Here’s a screenshot of where I’m at. I’m stuck at this point and need help.
Mini86.JPG

Unfortunately you tried some DEV updates which were not ready for release (a risk of DEV updates is to brick your device, like it happened here).

Give me few hours I will publish a guide on how to restore your device to normal operations

Thank you, Michelangelo. I understand playing with ‘fire’ occasionally may result in burnt ‘fingers’. I’ll choose my words more carefully next time, lest I sound upset (I’m not).

I’m grateful for your time and effort to describe how to install an earlier version (or actual release), and trust it will be broadly useful to those who boldly go where no one has gone before. :slight_smile:

In case it is helpful: I can boot my Mini86 with v2.285 on a pair of USB thumb drives, as described here: https://volumio.org/forum/volumio-x86-install-hdd-t5058.html

My previously configured DAC and Spotify Connect 2 plugin are detected. volumio.local and Volumio app work as expected. I’m playing music!

So it seems the data partition on the internal SSD is intact, and the boot partition is corrupt. Look forward to guidance on how to restore the latter, and will understand completely if all data is lost. (No big deal; my music library resides on external NAS.)

Ok, this is the first guide on how to reflash the Mini86:
volumio-mini86-support-thread-t7875.html

I realize that not everyone will\want to follow this. Therefore I will prepare a “Restore” image for such scenario, to make it easier. It will take about 10 days to be completed. So you can wait for the image for the easy way or get dirty with the above tutorial.