[Solved] Hardware Volume control of "Hifiberry Amp"

Hello
Hifiberry has released a wonderful small amp an easy to install amp with 2x25W

-> Configuration
-> Productlink

The Amp works with volumio. Only the Volume Settings makes Problems. The Volume in the Webui shows allways 100. I can’t change it.

I can set the volume with the shell command:

amixer sset Master 100 -> very silent

amixer sset Master 200 -> very loud

amixer on the shell shows the following:

root@volumio:~# amixer
Simple mixer control 'Master',0
  Capabilities: volume volume-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Capture channels: Mono
  Limits: 0 - 248
  Mono: 100 [40%]
Simple mixer control 'Channels',0
  Capabilities: volume
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: 0 - 248
  Front Left: 200 [81%]
  Front Right: 200 [81%]

aplay -l on the shell shows the following:

root@volumio:~# aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: sndrpihifiberry [snd_rpi_hifiberry_amp], device 0: HifiBerry AMP HiFi tas5713-hifi-0 []
  Subdevices: 0/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
root@volumio:~#

Please implement support for this beautiful amp! … and give the hints how i can get it to work until 1.42 with support for the amp cames out :mrgreen:

Thank you very much for Volumio!
Andi

Try to edit /etc/mpd.conf and place “Master” as mixer control! Let me know

Works as expectet . So easy!

The usable Range for my Speakers is 20 to 75 (Volumio GUI Units). Feature Request :slight_smile: -> set the limits in the Gui?

Thank you for the fast support!

Great!

Thank you, you made my day. :slight_smile:

I was able to configure it. For the first time the amp is running perfectly together with volumio!

Cheers,

Horatius

Kannst Du mir (Linux Neuling) bitte eine Schritt für Schritt Anleitung dafür erstellen?

Gruss,
Thomas

Thomas, You have to write in english if you expect an answer… Thank you. :smiley:

Will be not so complecated :slight_smile:
Can you provide me as a linux firsttimer please a step by step instruction for the modification . How i can Start the comand line to modify the adjustment

can anybody help me please :frowning:

when i start “nano”, what are the next steps?

regards,
Thomas

Well, if you search the web you’ll find tons of info / how to / help for Linux, nano etc…
To be short : you can edit the file you want with nano. But you need to be allowed to do that if you want to change a “system” file like mpd. conf. This can be achieve with “sudo”. Before save the file (in case if something goes wrong) sudo cp /etc/mpd.conf /etc/mpd.conf.old and edit with nano sudo nano /etc/mpd.conf . Once here, modify what you want, save it and exit (Ctrl x). To apply you can sudo service mpd restart or reboot your device… :wink: