[SOLVED] Failed update 2.224 -> 2.254

Shut up with your idiotic comments, we are trying to investigate why the update went wrong.
Backup 5TB to a stick, you must have the worlds largest USB stick-

please, just let it be, no need to get rude.
Meanwhile there is a second report of this failure, I’m now confident we will find the problem.
Starting to investigate today…

As I stated my system is up due to the loading whit stick, do not hestitate to ask me a for info yoy might need.

Another issue the web gui is not stable, with firefox it is not working at all, some sort of eternal reload.
When using other web reader, if I leave the player inactive for a while it goes into this reload state.

But right now the system is playing a nice music, Ben Webster!!!

So, I reproduced the problem.
@Sören, could you please ssh into your usb-booted volumio and do

mkdir myboot sudo mount /dev/sda1 myboot cd myboot ls -l

when you see a “syslinux.cfg” with a length of 0 and a “syslinux.cfg.old” with a length of 339 then do

mv syslinux.cfg syslinux.cfg.faulty mv syslinux.cfg.old syslinux.cfg sync

Then shutdown the system, remove your usb stick and reboot.

It’s really not clever of you to be aggressive like that, I’m not with you. Of course I wanted to say on a big hard drive or on a NAS, personally I have 12Tb on a NAS so it isn’t a problem for me… What I wanted to say was that once your music was saved, there was no longer any risk of breaking your system, and you can format your stick if you want, which does not prevent us from seeking a more permanent solution.
Your agressive behaviour make you blind.

Please refrain from foolish comments like these, both of you.
This topic is about trying to solve a problem, there is no need to go on each other’s nerves.

I’m totally all right with you! But, I really don’t like agressive behaviour of some people.

The update problem has been located & taken care off, thanks for supporting us.
@Sören, please PM me with the result of the “fix”. It should be a bonus after all :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m closing this topic now