[SOLVED] Failed mounting FRITZ.NAS volumes

sudo mkdir /mnt/NAS/FRITZ then try the mount command as shown above

… I already did and its visible under Windows network

When I then run

mount -t cifs -o username=volumio,password=volumio,ro,dir_mode=0777,file_mode=0666,iocharset=utf8,noauto //192.168.6.101/FRITZ.NAS/TOSHIBA-ExternalUSB3-0-01/Musik_FLAC

I get

mount: can't find //192.168.6.101/FRITZ.NAS/TOSHIBA-ExternalUSB3-0-01/Musik_FLAC in /etc/fstab

You are still using the original path, which we already know doesn’t work/is incorrect (you are also using an incorrect syntax). Smbclient indicates the share on your NAS is ‘7490’

Try from the UI to add the share path as ‘7490’ or ‘7490/TOSHIBA-ExternalUSB3-0-01/Musik_FLAC’ (use 192.168.6.101 as IP address)

As a note, when you edit earlier posts can you please make it clear what has been edited, otherwise the clarity of the thread may become distorted.

@chsims1
Good morning and thanks a lot! When I came home from a Jazz openair last night I tried:

'7490/TOSHIBA-ExternalUSB3-0-01/Musik_FLAC' (use 192.168.6.101 as IP address) and it works.
Now - as I know - it’s easy and obvious. I must have smoked the wrong kind off stuff :mrgreen: .

I want to learn so let me ask what do you mean with

?

… You are definitely right! I pledge improvement.

The mount command you posted:

as well as using the wrong share path didn’t have the correct syntax … you need to specify where the share is to be mounted, so:

sudo mount -t cifs -o /mnt/NAS/FRITZ

Anyway, I’m glad that you finally got things sorted, & perhaps learnt a little on the journey. :slight_smile:

… you are never too old to … :bulb:

I have the same problem mounting NAS on volumio. The correct path is FRITZ.NAS/TOSHIBA_EXT/Fidelity/

Do you use username and pass? Do you use ver=1.0 ?

The latest FRITZ!OS version 07.20 (from July 2020) is disabling SMBv1 (vers=1.0) for security reasons. If you still need it, you have manually enable it in the Fritz!OS settings or better set now “vers=3.0” to your SMB options of Volumio