[SOLVED] configuring volumio to use my wifi: cant update it

just configured the settings and everything is working fine but the fact that i cant update it or install plugins. I cant play any web radios either.

It sounds as though your Volumio device is having trouble reaching the internet. This may be a DNS problem … have a look here https://volumio.org/forum/router-setup-t5760.html

I had the same problem.

I have not used volumio for some time, but recently got a pHat Dac and wanted to try it out with volumio.

In order to configure the pHat Dac board I needed to run a command, but that threw a syntax error - so went back to ensuring apt-get update and upgrade had been run - but they threw another error along the lines of “Clearsigned file isn’t valid, got ‘NODATA’ (does the network require authentication?)”

Both errors via wired and wifi connection.

At 2am this morning I gave up.

This morning I decided to carry on - the fix was to edit the resolv.conf file (sudo nano /etc/resolv.conf).
from this:

Generated by dhcpcd from wlan0

Google nameservers

nameserver 8.8.8.8
nameserver 8.8.4.4
domain home
nameserver 192.168.1.254

/etc/resolv.conf.tail can replace this line

…to this (i.e. comment out the two google nameservers)

Generated by dhcpcd from wlan0

Google nameservers

#nameserver 8.8.8.8
#nameserver 8.8.4.4
domain home
nameserver 192.168.1.254

/etc/resolv.conf.tail can replace this line

This allowed me to run the updates and the pHat script.

All working fine from then on - but having rebooted a couple of time (and maybe changing the auto ip settings), the web radio and update via the web UI didn’t do anything.

So…re-checked the resolv.conf and it was back to what it was before - so commented out the google nameserver entries (again!) and hey-presto I how can update and see and play webradio stations.

Keeping my fingers crossed I don’t have to keep editing resolv.conf if the software keeps changing it!!!???

Hope this helps

I rather think that you will find /etc/resolv.conf being overwritten again. Please try the solution in the link 2 posts up if this is the case.

Also, do not use “apt-get upgrade” with volumio, it might crash you setup as we have our own dedicated rootfs and kernel.

– Gé –

thanks for the help everyone. i followed that link and i got my problem fixed. just enter that code and you are good to go