SMB will not mount

SMB Drives are mounting in windows but when I try to add them in Volumio I get the following error:

b: Host is down Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)[/b]

I have tried add the vers=1.0 and vers=2.0 in the Options field with no luck. :frowning:

A couple of things you can try:

• Hardcode the IP address of the server into the NAS IP Address field.
  • Try removing leading slashes from your network share.

e.g., if you have a share \MACHINE\music, try using just music (without the quotes) in Path.

and, the value you entered into the Options field included no quotes or anything, right? just vers=1.0 ?

Maybe attach a screenshot of your settings if can. We might be able to spot something to help out.

good luck!

1 Like

I have the same problem with a NSA310 NAS drive, works fine with a older version of Volumio. Probably tried all of the suggestions in these forums with no luck, gone back to a direct usb drive for the moment.

Please send us logs so we can help

volumio.github.io/docs/User_Man … oting.html

logs sent

logs.volumio.org/volumio/OOd1234.html

I am having the same problem with my Zyxel NSA 310 NAS drive, auto scan finds the drive but what ever info I enter the drive will not mount, worked fine before the update by entering vers=01 in advance options, but this is not working for me with the latest version.

I Installed version 1.51 and entered my nas details and it mounted first time. It also added the following to the advance options, “ro, dir_mode =07777,file_mode=0777” , I manually entered the same settings in the latest version and it still did not mount. Depending on what I enter i get the red or orange error boxes.

Any one have any ideas, thanks?

@kit1cat You’ve entered the SMB version number incorrectly … if you want v1, then enter “vers=1.0” in the options box.

@chsims1 thanks, I think I need a new pair of glasses :smiley:

I had the same problem. By adding “vers=1.0” (without the quotes) in the options field it works great! :
My network drive is an Iomega 1TB (IOMEGA-0C540C)

So, Is there an update on this? My system is pretty much bricked.

Did you send a log? Did you try any of the other suggestions in the thread? You need to give as much information as possible … no mind readers on here :wink:

Did you send a log? Did you try any of the other suggestions in the thread? You need to give as much information as possible … no mind readers on here :wink:[/quote

Yes and Yes… :unamused: I’m also not the only one having this issue.

There is no link to a log on this thread. In deed apart from you original post, you have posted no further information at all.

Hi, I’m having the same issue.

The log report is here

http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/b7KP3L1.html

I’ve accessed with ssh and I could mount the drive from another linux computer with the following command

sudo mount -t cifs -o username=miguel //192.168.1.4/media /mnt

Thanks for your help