Siri/IOS Shortcut to shutdown Volumio

The following post https://forum.volumio.org/control-volumio-with-siri-using-shortcuts-app-t10724.html shows how IOS Shortcuts can be used to control volumio’s behaviour. Underpinning those shortcuts are the Volumio REST API commands.

There isn’t a REST API command to shutdown volumio.

However it turns out IOS shortcuts support sending commands over SSH.

See the screen shots below. Create a new shortcut and in the search bar type “ssh”
Select “Run Script Over SSH”
Select Show More and you are presented with a form to complete - that will contain your variables
Host is the IP address of your volumio
User is typically volumio unless you have called yours something else
Password is typically volumio unless you have changed yours
Input is “sudo shutdown -h”

Click on next and give your shortcut a name - I called mine “Power Off Radio”

To shutdown the Raspberry PI on which I run Volumio I simply say “hey Siri Power Off Radio” The notification’s app sends “sudo shutdown -h” to the pi and the pi powers off.

IMG_0112.PNG

IMG_0111.PNG

IMG_0110.PNG

Hi there, I tried to create IOS shortcut as suggested above.

Grateful if anyone could advise what ‘input’ shall I write to ‘stop’ or ‘play’ instead of shutting down the player?

Hi, I deserted Volumio for Moode so I can’t test that what I am about to tell you actually works. I do have some Volumio shortcuts on my phone.

The play shortcut is this. The stop shortcut is the same except at the end change “cmd=play” to “cmd=stop”

All of the Volumio REST API commands are shown here.

A useful one is “cmd=toggle” which alternates between play and pause.

Excellent! I finally managed to create my Siri Shortcuts for volumio. Thank you all :blush::pray:t2:

I don’t know why it took me so long to actually create shortcuts for Volumio, but this will be helpful. Thank you.