SimpleEqualizer does not work with V2.799

Plugin NOT Active, sound is played thru HAT, and this is the output:

volumio@ampit3:~$ sudo apt install libasound2-plugin-equal
[sudo] password for volumio:
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
libasound2-plugin-equal is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 124 not upgraded.
volumio@ampit3:~$

Make EQ plugin Active and you get NO sound and this is the output:

volumio@ampit3:~$ sudo apt install libasound2-plugin-equal
Building dependency tree
libasound2-plugin-equal is already the newest version.

The same.

Yes the HW HAT did work. I emailed Gordon at IQAudio when this problem started and he believes it is SW issue. Iquadio DigiAMP and Volumio 2.657

Got the following reply from Gordon.

"Hi Chris, mmmm - sounds like Volumio have made a change.

All our boards use the same base Linux drivers. The DigiAMP and old amp+ also need to be unmuted at startup but all can use the same device tree settings.

Don’t think you have a hardware issue."

ouch…
please try

sudo apt-get install libasound2-plugins

edit : I reinstalled the plugin on a RPI4, no external DAC, and it just works… Hard to understand… Can you select headphone as output to test please?

I am also still trying… but it doesn’t work. When I do not touch the EQ it’s ok, but when I install it the problems are back.

An other question, where can I download the version before V2.799 ?

Greetings,
Patrick

a previous version for RPI : volumio 2.779
For the non working version, is it a fresh install or an update?

Hi,

Thank you! I am going to try it soon.

Greetings,
Patrick

For the non working versions, I tried both (upgrade and fresh install) . Both ways no sound with EQ.
I hope the problems will be solved soon, till then I run the old version.

volumio@ampit3:~$ sudo apt-get install libasound2-plugins
Building dependency tree
libasound2-plugins is already the newest version.

Never got any sound from headphone jack with EQ Active or Not Active.

IQAudioAmp+ gives sound only when EQ plugin Not Active. HAT give volume control and mixer is Hardware.

Do you want a log or bug report? If so which settings and configurarion?

Yes please for the log

PROBLEM SOLVED. How or why I have no idea what I did. Interesting the Output Device shows IQAudioAmp+thru eq plugin. Appears the I2S DAC is Off and the Mixer Type is Hardware which I think both cant be true.

Description="‘Problem with Simple EQ plugin. IQAudioAnp+ active, EQ plugin NOT Active, Sound is made.’"
http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/8G7kyg2.html

Description="‘Problem with Simple EQ plugin. IQAudioAmp+ active, EQ plugin Active, Sound is made !’"
http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/5MHw7oU.html

Before when I was testing for Headphone output I turned I2S on/off and selected the wrong (first driver Adafruit) driver rebooted and it appeared to load the wrong driver. I selected the correct HAT card=> IQAudioAmp+, rebooted and the correct driver was loaded.

Seems a telling issue is the response from aplay -l now.

law.
volumio@ampit3:~$ aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 0: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA]
Subdevices: 4/4
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
Subdevice #1: subdevice #1
Subdevice #2: subdevice #2
Subdevice #3: subdevice #3
card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 1: bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI [bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI]
Subdevices: 1/1
card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 2: bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI1 [bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI1]
Subdevices: 1/1
card 1: Headphones [bcm2835 Headphones], device 0: bcm2835 Headphones [bcm2835 Headphones]
Subdevices: 3/3
Subdevice #2: subdevice #2
card 2: IQaudIODAC [IQaudIODAC], device 0: IQaudIO DAC HiFi pcm512x-hifi-0 [IQaudIO DAC HiFi pcm512x-hifi-0]
Subdevices: 0/1
card 7: Loopback [Loopback], device 0: Loopback PCM [Loopback PCM]
Subdevices: 2/2
card 7: Loopback [Loopback], device 1: Loopback PCM [Loopback PCM]
Subdevices: 2/2

I was not getting the same results before. Seems issues with HDMI drivers which would cause further drivers to be out of synch. IFF this is the issue it begs why and what fixed it?

IT IS WORKING AGAIN.

I found out that my dac was set at HiFiBerry Dac Pro …and this was not correct. I have a HiFiBerry Dac + Pro. Before (in earlier versions) this + version was not listed. Now it is, when you do not correct the settings in V2.799 or higher it gives problems.

Thanks for reporting it :wink:

Hi Balbuze,

Any idea what the issue was and the solution?

It seems the selected DAC was not the correct one, no?

I don’t believe so because prior to the solution above I could not get any sound unless I chose the wrong HAT, the IQAudio DAC were I have the AMP+. Also sound always stopped when the EQ plugin became Active.

You may look at my prior log files and see something in the change in ALSA drivers loaded, especially the HDMI drivers for the rpi3.

Hear is some more info that may help in figuring out the underlining cause of this issue. Seems to address the ALSA driver numbering problem. Would not a “no HDMI found” cause this? If so why wouldnt the Volumio2 OS not find the HDMI port?

"To solve this problem temporarily at least it was enough for me to edit /etc/mpd.conf so that the audio output is specified thus:

device “hw:2,0”

and restart mpd (having reverted to the version of /boot/cmdline.txt originally supplied by volumio). Which doesn’t accord with how I thought ALSA numbering works, but I suppose something changed."

Jim Fearceoil