Simple way to have 100gB + of music on volumio

Hi all,

I would like to know if there is a simple way to have a large music collection locally available to my allo digione player. I tried a usb dongle but since it is large, it cannot be in fat32. Exfat not working in volumio, I abandoned this idea.

Second, I tried a larger SD card (256mb) that I ordered. I manage to write the volumio image on it, volumio boots no problem. But I spent two days researching an easy way to use the rest of the available space on the sd for music. no luck!

I am quite newbie to all this, but I do understand how to ssh or send commands to my pi, I have not found a clear explanation of how to partition the sd in order to store music easily on it.

I appreciate the help,

Volumio Information

Volumio Version: Latest
Hardware: rasp Pi 3
DAC: Topping D30

I use a 500gb laptop hard drive in a usb enclose, powered by the pi and it works beautifully

ok, I read that for this I need an external power source for the HDD, is it true? When you mean powered by the pi, you mean only the USB ?

I have had a 1.5GB Samsung drive plugged into my Routers USB socket, configured in RPi so Volumio can see it. Worked a treat.
I stream Qobuz / Spotify now almost exclusively so now have only a 16gb flash drive there - with a few tracks and super hi res files that streaming doesn’t have.

If you have a good PSU for the Pi, you should be fine with a USB SSD drive.

I have all my music on a NAS, which works well for me, but if you don’t have a NAS device and you want something simple like a USB stick, then it’s probably not for you.

Yes, powered solely by the pi itself using the standard wallwart that come later with it.

ok,

thank you so much for your advice guys