Should Volumio 'official' Plugins be empty?

Hi - I’m a new user of Volumio (v2.873) which I have installed on a Raspberry Pi 4. I read the Volumio documentation, and then looked at the list of ‘official’ plugins, as there are a couple I’m interested in. I went to the Plugins section, and I have a screen displaying 2 tabs - Search Plugins and Installed Plugins. No plugins are shown at all - obviously none on the Installed Plugins tab as I’ve not installed any !

Do I need to do something that is not in the documentation ?

I browsed the forum, and didn’t find anything that helped me solve the problem.

Any help gratefully accepted.

Thanks

just play with the buttons search and install plugins and after a while the plugin’s will show…

dvo- thanks for the suggestion, but, for various reasons I downloaded, flashed and reinstalled volumio on my raspberry pi. Hey presto ! A load of plugins are now being displayed.

hello i also have the same problem:
the plugin window is empty.
I tried to download and reinstall Volumio
as of today but nothing changes.
are there other solutions?

thanks to anyone who can help me
Dario

what version are you using Display? some have plugins and beta’s still don’t.
on first boot all needs to settle first after a while all should be loaded. and you should see plugins in 2.xx versions

Hello
thanks dvo for the reply.
you use a system consisting of:
Raspberry pi 4 8 gb
Hifiberry _dac2
and 5 'inch screen

the screen is used in numerous projects
paired with Rasberry:
https://www.waveshare.com/wiki/5inch_HDMI_LCD_(B)
I did the first installation using Rufus to prepare
the Micro sd_card seemed to be all right
except the plug_in screen is blank.

I re-downloaded the last version of Volumio, re-installed
on sd-card; (as suggested by your post) but nothing has changed.

I then registered Volumio on my home wifi network, launched a system update, and let everything work for 4 hours.
but even in this case nothing has changed.

can plug-ins be downloaded and entered manually?
In the section of this forum, dedicated to screen plug-ins, there are only links that refer to each other; and I failed
to download them …

I just don’t know what to do.

Dario

Would you share some system logs please?

Preferable from a fresh reboot, with minimal steps to reproduce the problem :slight_smile:

@Display
what volumio version are you using?
can you try loading it with balena ethcer or pi imager?
for your screen you need to use display plugin.
i’m using that to load my images

hello ashthespy and DVO
thanks that you are taking an interest in my problem.
I tried to do the procedure to create a system logs;
as suggested in your link; but after pressing the SEND button
and having waited 2 hours I still haven’t got the link to post.

I would say there is a second problem.
I’ll post the livelog screen here:

0curl: (7) Failed to connect to logs.volumio.org port 7171: Connection timed out Saving as: /var/tmp/logondemand error: MyVolumio got a network error: A network error (such as timeout, interrupted connection or unreachable host) has occurred. info: Retrying Login Due to Network Error info: MyVolumio login type: Token error: MyVolumio got a network error: A network error (such as timeout, interrupted connection or unreachable host) has occurred. info: Retrying Login Due to Network Error info: MyVolumio login type: Token error: MyVolumio got a network error: A network error (such as timeout, interrupted connection or unreachable host) has occurred. info: Retrying Login Due to Network Error

Volumio is correctly configured to access the wifi network, in fact it sees the registration to myvolumio correctly.

for the rest
I tried and download the latest version of Volumio from the official website 2 hours ago.
i tried to install it with balena ethcer or pi imager, but the result in both cases is the same: plug_in screen is blank.

Hey Display,
Whereabouts are you based? It looks like you are unable to reach Volumio’s servers - are you running some sort of DNS blocking? (adguard, pihole, etc?)

I checked but I don’t think so
now I use a modem as a connection
with sim card that generates wifi.

I have a single anomaly related to the connection:
after the first launch of the Volumio;
I connect to him using the wifi network he generates.

once you have made the first configuration and entered your username and password in Volumio, to connect it to the wifi network of the modem;
his network disappears (and rightly so) but despite having ip PC connected to the same network I can’t access it.
using http // volumio / local.

the only way I have found is via IP using a hub with two ethernet cables connected to the PC and the Rasberry Pi

is it likely that he is aiming to use the ethernet network to create the log file? (which is not connected to the internet) instead of the wifi network?

this in any case shouldn’t have anything to do with the lack of plugins … right?

from what I have read they should already be installed at the first start.
or not?

am i missing something?

I think that the issue comes from the connection you are using.
For some reason your mobile hotspot filters most of the internet connections coming from Volumio.

I don’t know if it is related, but I got a new router a while back and was unable to access some sites/services (and only from Volumio players) including logs.volumio.org, while other sites/services worked fine. However, the access error for me was “connection refused”, so this may not be the same issue.

[SOLVED] Problems with new router

Later versions of Volumio worked fine for me, and did not require any changes, but perhaps the issue was fixed by a router firmware update.

Adrian.

Volumio and Adrii thanks for the reply
tomorrow, I go to another building, I can try to connect to a fiber line with the modem which also acts as a hub.
then I’ll let you know if it worked.

but then the plug-ins are loaded over the connection?
are not present in the standard installation?

is there a way to check if the communication is correct?

if possible use a utp cable to connect to your network via a router / modem

using http://volumio.local or ip of the pi should work.

Hello to all
I solved the problem of
no plug-ins appear:
for initial configurations you need to use a
fixed line modem that I also did as a network HUB.

Over the weekend I did several tests by borrowing
several “boxes” wifi, and I found that these did not work.

on the other hand, everything is ok with “standard” modems.

thanks everyone for the help

Dario