Selling a Raspberry streamer KIT

hello, very nice work.
What kind of player did you install and how did you set up the template?

This is a very nice project but with limitations and advantages.

The advantages: You can set up a stand-alone system with Logitech Media Server and don’t need a network connection. Operation is intuitive via a touchscreen display.

DietPi only supports the LMS under Bullseye. It runs on both an RPI3 and RPI4. The OS can also be transferred to an SSD and a USB SSD drive is also suitable for music.

Installation is relatively simple if you follow the instructions. Load the DietPi image, copy it to the SD card and write the settings for the display into the confi.txt. The display data should be known.
DietPi offers an assistant for the package installation. So that everything works, the DAC should be installed first, before the LMS, and then the player.

Then the LMS also recognizes the player with its source device. Squeezerlite as a player is the measure of things. Drives can be integrated locally or from the network.

Unfortunately, with an RPI3 the network stream is quite slow, so a local drive is better here. Some additional settings for the display are still required at the end, these can be found in the DietPi forum.
An intuitive interface for the touchscreen can be set in the Player Squeezer.
The surface used is machine.

Thanks.
What does a “template” mean?

well, if I’m not mistaken, LMS still needs network, so it cannot be a stand-alone system.
The latest Bookworm supports LMS as well, not just Bullseye. I heard that in RPI3, the USB and Ethernet share the same databus, which makes the traffic congestion and also the sound quality is affected.
One more limitation here: this kit only supports Pi4.

Hi Vincent ,
I want to buy 2 units of stealth v3 with generic back plate option , how can i do it ? could you send it to my warehouse in Mia FL .

Regards

Jose

Thanks for your interest. You can PM me for the recipient and delivery address details. I will then send you an invoice via PayPal. However please note that as the Christmas holiday is right at the corner, the KIT can only be shipped out early Jan 2024.
Regarding the price and shipping fee:

1. Total price of the KIT (generic backplate needs extra HKD50 due to the extra accessories): HKD (2800+50)x2=5700. I am happy to offer HKD200 discount for the second purchase so the price becomes HKD5500.
  2. There are two shipping options to USA (note that two KITs weigh 7.6kg):
    A: HKD1500, lead time is around 1 week
    B: HKD1308, lead time is around 3 weeks
  3. There will be a 7% PayPal service charge on top of total price #1 and #2 above.

I hope the information above is useful, please let me know if you have further questions.

Hi, could you give me your email ?

1 Like

please check inbox

Hello Vincent,

I am interested in purchasing a stealth v3 unit. I can’t find a way to PM you, can you PM me?

Thank you

1 Like

Thanks for your interest. Please check PM.

Dear Vincent,Have you got this player able to connect a Hard Disc Await an email soon Thx. Peter
email.peter.gay@gmail.com

Hi Peter,

Yes, this player can connect to a HDD externally. Just tried to send you an email but seems like your email address is not correct.

I am interested - can you send me your email?
TIA

Thanks for your interest. My email is fongshuyuen@gmail.com
Please note that STEALTH V2 is already EOLed and I have not updated the post yet. STEALTH V3 is available now and more detailed about the new KIT can be found here:

https://carousell.app.link/aT7XWDWfbGb

Shipping fee depends on destinations

A new version is now available…

For more details, please visit the following YouTube demo (subtitle available):

Introduction:

Assembly:

Usage:
-Music server / streamer / player / endpoint
-Supported OS: Volumio / Moode Audio / DietPi (LMS & Squeezelite) / Roon Endpoint
(pre-built images will be provided upon purchase)

Features:
-7.9" HDMI 400x1280 high resolution touchscreen
-Galvanically isolated touchscreen and Ethernet (10/100/1000 Base-T)
-Individual LPS for the touchscreen and Pi4
-Individual LPS for internal HAT, USB devices or external devices (configurable)
-Native support for i-Sabre ES9038Q2M
-Native support for Monalisa ES9038Q2M
-Native support for IQAudio DAC Pro PCM5242
-Semi-native support for Allo Boss DAC 2 CS43198
-Enhanced thermal management

Case:
-Aluminum alloy with CNC machining and laser cut, sandblasted and anodized.
-micro SD card opening at the bottom
-Dimensions: 240(W) x 220(D) x 100(H)
-6 types of back plate options available

Power:
-40VA audiophile grade R-type power transformer with primary shielding
-3x individual high precision, low dropout and large current LPS
-14x Nichicon FW series capacitor array*
-RC snubber networks
-Ultra low ESR, CLC filtering, WIMA MKP10 decoupling

*Upgrade to Nichicon MUSE caps is highly recommended if you are using an I2S DAC

Price Options:
-Basic KIT (w/o Pi4 or CAT8 cable): HKD2,800
-Finished good (w/ Pi 4 & CAT8 cable, w/o DAC): HKD4,100

Back Plate Options:
-Generic back plate: +HKD50 (including blank covers and RCA jacks)
-ALLO BOSS 2 back plate: +HKD50 (including RCA jacks)
-IQAudio DAC Pro back plate: +HKD100 (including an adaptor board, RCA and XLR jacks)
-Extra back plate: +HKD150

Other Parts / Accessories:
-Pi 4 (4GB): +HKD450
-Upgrade to Nichicon MUSE Caps: +HKD200
-Monalisa ES9038Q2M DAC HAT: +HKD400
-IQAudio DAC Pro PCM5242 DAC HAT: +HKD230
-SD card (32GB) loaded with OS: +HKD60
-Cat 8 shielded Ethernet cable (0.5m): +HKD80

Frequently Asked Questions:
-Supports Raspberry Pi 4 only (Pi 3B or Pi 5 NOT supported)
-Touchscreen included in the KIT
-Pi 4 or any HAT NOT included in the KIT

Payment Methods:
-PayPal (extra 6% service charge) accepted

Remarks:
-Starting from 1 Jan 2024, writing of “STEALTH” on the faceplate will be cancelled. However, the writing will be provided upon request.

2 Likes