SD Card extra space

Hi Everybody,

I have installed Volumio on my Raspberry Pi on a 16GB SD card.
In order to not waste the extra space I have created a new partition and mounted it on /mnt/Media folder.
Is there any way to let volumio browse this folder other than NAS, USB and RAM?
In the meanwhile I found a workaround.
I have added that folder in the samba config and I have mapped it as it was a NAS. Anyway, having it natively browsing locally would be better.
Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks.

Hi S3Alex,

create a symbolic link in /var/lib/mpd/music?

Regards
Klaus

Hi Klaus,

thanks for your reply.
It doesn’t work anyway.
I have tried also to update the DB from the WebGUI, but nothing.

here is what I have now:

pi@volumio:/var/lib/mpd/music$ ls -l total 4 lrwxrwxrwx 1 pi pi 11 Feb 22 08:01 Media -> /mnt/Media/ lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 9 Jul 13 2013 NAS -> /mnt/NAS/ lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 8 Apr 8 2014 RAMPLAY -> /run/shm lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 9 Apr 22 2014 UPNP -> /mnt/UPNP lrwxrwxrwx 1 pi pi 8 Jul 30 2013 USB -> /mnt/USB drwxrwxrwx 2 pi pi 4096 Feb 21 19:05 WEBRADIO

Troubleshooting something more, it looks like it is quite working, but not 100%.
Let me explain better.
If I go to the browse tab, I don’t see the “new” folder Media in the list, but if I use the search box, and I look for “Media”, I can see the mp3 inside it.
So there should be a place or a config file where I can add the folder to be shown in the list for an easier access.

Thanks for your help, I hope this discussion can help other people too.

Regards,

Alessandro

I think, you are right. Unfortunately, i can’t say which file you have to edit. I’m not familiar with php…

Fine. mpd has updated the database and found your /mnt/Media/
My suggestion: Try out a MPD-Client… http://mpd.wikia.com/wiki/Clients

you can find how to increase the partition size and how to mount an music directory. That might help you

Edit: linkage. faq-and-the-answers-for-t1545.html

There is a good hint in the linked page (highlighted by me)

You indeed!
This workaround works, but it is still a workaround!
Anyway, the good thing is that with the mpd client it works perfectly, so it’s clearly a problem with visualization through the WebGUI.
Hoping to see the bug fixed in the next version!

Yea i hoped that this bug would’ve been crushed in 1.55, but as far as i know its just a compatability change for the raspberry pi 2. But I’m still behind on all the posts about it

oke i sort of get what this does… creat the symbolic link. but to where? a folder i prosume but where should this folder be?