Rpi3 + Allo Kali+Piano 2.1 vs Rpi 3 + Allo Boss

Hello, I have several thousand disks, but I have my favorite disks, and these are the ones I have on several 128gb Microsd disks. Most of my albums are streaming. The microsd is connected by a usb adapter. A usb memory is better than a mechanical disk, but it is not the same as a microsd disk (we always talk about dynamics, the rest Yes is the same or very similar). I have not tested with a ssd disk, it should be the same or very similar to microsd. I’ll do that test. I have noticed this for some time, but I have not mentioned it until other people have noticed it, too, without explaining anything about it.

Best

@jazz: Thanks - I’m looking forward to your SSD test.

Another question from a Linux-noob: If you have to change the SDs frequently, how do you “mount” them to Volumio?

e.g.: I want to plug an external USB drive - I would like to try a HDD first.

What do I have to prepare?
What format for the HDD?
Does Volumio detect the HDD “automatically”?
If not, how can I prepare Volumio?

I found the following guide and others, but all are for Volumio 1.x: https://volumio.org/forum/usb-mounting-problems-t1784.html

Should not have problems for Volumio to recognize your hard drive provided the hard disk power is independent of the rapsberry pi, I do not know if there are limitations of size, up to 2 tb I have not had problem.

Good Luck.

@jazz
As I do not want to hijack your thread with things from my environment, I will proceed and answer in my thread:
recommendation-buy-hifiberry-dac-pro-allo-boss-t7268-20.html