RPi-DAC is now Durio Sound

I have a case for 8 batteries too witch gives more or less 9 volts.
I m testing that option too. Mine are 2000 mah i think. Now i want to try a linear supply too see what happens.

Using the Raspberry clock is not ideal is it?

No itĀ“s not but this is not not a big issue with circuits that use PLL. Most if not all circuits used in modern designs have PLL which give a clean and stable clock.

Sorry audiotweak I have made a big mistake telling you that the clock is from Raspberry. :unamused:

Thank you Stephane! You are right!

In fact this is taken from Durio Sound web site:

ā€œThe DAC PCM5102 runs in PLL mode, no SCLK signal needed (which is not provided by the RPi).ā€

Thank you and thank you again.

Just ordered a dual mono and wonder when it comes in do I just burn the Volumio 1.55 on the card and then it will work? The unit comes with its own flash card with an operating system but I donā€™t know if it needs the Volumio image to run with Volumio.

thanks for your help.

George

Hi Guys,

I am a noob and new to this. I have recently purchased and received the Pro+Basic boards, and am wondering how do I setup for Dual Mono output?

Wesley - how long after you ordered the board did it ship?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It took about 2 weeks to arrive from the USA to Malaysia.

Btw, can anyone help to enlighten me on the dual mono setup? Thanks.

Iā€™ll be looking into it when mine arrives - maybe I an offer some help

Thanks!

Iā€™ve received my DurioPro and tested it with Volumio 1.55 and RPIB+. Everything works well.
In this video, the power source is a HTC charge (5v-1A). Last week, Iā€™ve tested the system with a 12v battery and It sound much better :smiley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzefQJEE7Uc

Powering Durio by raspberry 5v micro usb you donā€™t use lmz14202h, increase the quality using mini jack female and 12v battery is normal. What is strange is that lmz14202h is a switching chip 12v battery or 12v switching wall plug should be the same.
But some of us has told that battery is better and Itā€™s strange.
What is the capacity of your battery? How many hours of use?

My batteryā€™s capacity is 12Ah. Iā€™ve used it for 4-5 hours and the voltmeter indicated 12,25 V (when the batery is full, it indicate 12,56 V). In the manual of the battey, the working range is from 10,5 V to 12,5 V.

My batteryā€™s capacity is 12Ah. Iā€™ve used it for 4-5 hours and the voltmeter indicated 12,25 V (when the batery is full, it indicate 12,56 V). In the manual of the battey, the working range is from 10,5 V to 12,5 V.

Thank you for answer!
You have choose a battery with a good capacity, bigger is impossible at home! 3,5kg lead?! :wink:
Raspberry and Durio should absorb 1.5-2A max (I suppose, no measure) and 4-5 hours of working is the time I expect.
I think that battery isnā€™t a good solution, not very convenient charge it at home every 2-3 times you listen music and you must choose e sealed one to avoid poisonous gas during charge.
As I have already written use a DC switching wall plug 9V or 12V should be the same, because lmz14202h is a switching chip and has the same interference of wall plug.
Iā€™m using a 12V DC wall plug and I have no battery to make a comparison, if someone can do it should be interstingā€¦ :unamused:

Wesley,

Do you have more than one flash card? The first thing I can think to do (once I get my unit - the order hasnā€™t been processed yet and emails have gone unanswered :open_mouth: ) is to burn a clean image of volumio 1.55 and see if that works. I say that because Iā€™m told that the unit comes with a flash card with image of something already installed and I donā€™t want to overwrite that in case I need it back.

Iā€™ve asked the same question and hope someone can chime in and help us.

George

Hi George,

Personally I donā€™t quite prefer Volumio although I have tried it. I preferred another image running on Archlinux (one of the two) and itā€™s working well now.

My only question is how do I wire the Durio boards for Dual Mono. I have a Pro and 2pcs of Basic boards at the moment and am seriously thinking of adding 3 more if this (dual mono) is proven to work better.

Thanks for your kind assistance, George.

Well the board I ordered comes pre- assembled. When and if it ever comes I can take a look and see if I can help you figure it out.

What Iā€™m not familiar with the image you are working with - could you point me to the source?

Thanks,

George

Hi George, Iā€™m using Archphile.