Roonbridge Plugin

Just out of curiosity, did anyone look into creating a plugin for a Roon Endpoint yet?
Someone pointed me to this link, would it be feasible?
https://darko.audio/2017/08/a-e65-roon-endpoint-for-the-kef-ls50-wireless-or-any-usb-dac/

Yep, this Dutch guy seems to have managed it.
Didn’t test it myself yet, but seems to work with HiFiBerry stuff.

SSH access on volumio

For security reasons, SSH is disabled by default on all versions after 2.199 (except first boot). It can be however enabled very easily.

First method: file

Just create or copy a file called ssh in /boot . You can do it right after flashing Volumio, by creating it in the “Boot” partition of your SD Card.

Second method: DEV UI

Navigate to the DEV ui by pointing your browser to VOLUMIOIP/DEV or volumio.local/DEV or ip/DEV.
Find the SSH section, and click enable. From now on your SSH will be permanently enabled.

Putty access to Volumio:
user: volumio
password: volumio

Then:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install bzip2
curl -O download.roonlabs.com/builds/roo … armv7hf.sh
chmod +x roonbridge-installer-linuxarmv7hf.sh
sudo ./roonbridge-installer-linuxarmv7hf.sh

Enter password again.
Enter Y
Sit back and install

Roon should now be running

Yes, meanwhile this has been tested on an Odroid C2, seems to work fine.

I have been using both the Volumio / roon bridge and the dietpi / roon bridge combinations on Odroid C2 for a while now. Neither has given me any trouble at all.

The Volumio combo has the big advantage that the volumio image contains all the optimizations that the volumio team have done

Yes, and Dan informed me he has no plans to change the DietPI kernel for that, so you are better off with the C2 and Volumio combo.