Roon Bridge: Minimal interaction, e.g. show playing track

Hi community,
yesterday I decided to supply my volumio raspis with a new playmate and assembled my first pi with a 7" display. Besides the screen rotation issue, that was solved after 1 min (being smart and using Google), everything worked like a charm. What I noticed though is, that Volumio does not seem to show any track information when being used as roon bridge.

Minimal interaction options in the like of:

• show the currently playing track
  • skip track
  • play/pause track
  • volume control
    would be totally awesome.

I know that HifiberryOS does that trick (besides of having the way sexier UI, sorry), but on the other hand restricts you to using their hardware.

Sooooo after a long introduction, here’s the question:
Does anybody know of a way to achieve some basic roon (display/control) functionality?

Thanks a lot in advance
Cheers
Robert

1 Like

Nobody interested? Nobody at all?
:thinking:

touch display plugin will give all…

Hey @dvo thanks for your reply. Could you point me out to the plugin you’re talking of?
I am using the “Touch Display” Plugin by VolumioTeam v.1.2.1. which does not support roon afaik.
Can’t find any other plugin…
Thanks a lot in advance
All the best
Robert

the 1.2.2 touch display is out but if it’s supporting roon i don’t know …
the plugin you can find under plugins >>> search plugins…
@gvolt do you know if it’s supporting roon bridge?

I don’t know what this support would mean. At frist sight I would think the roon bridge plugin would have to take care if something should be displayed in the Volumio UI.

Hi @gvolt,
I would love to see minimal interaction options in the like of:

• show the currently playing track
  • skip track
  • play/pause track
  • volume control

none of which is provided atm… and yes… I am afraid that looks like a job for the bridge plugin…
Thanks anyway guys for taking a look into that.
Have a great day
All the best
Robert

Yes, i agree. Maybe get in contact with its author.

:+1:

1 Like