Relay Attenuator, another Allo game changer

Hey!

Well I do not really want to use Volumio interface, I am only running it in the background as a Spotify Connect streamer and the volume control from a Spotify app seems to be temperamental and not very accurate with Volumio.

I can see there are pins for push buttons that control volume on the Attenuator but I have no idea if potentiometers would work.

I guess IR would be nice too, which parts would I need for that? Just for a simple volume + - controller

Thank you!

Hi

It is not easy, you need to modify the configuration and install applications, here everything is explained.

amazon.com/clouddrive/share … _link_copy

Hi,

sorry if this has been covered but is it possible to use the relay with Piano 2.1 + Kali ? (raspi + Piano2.1 + Kali + AlloAtt ?)
I cannot seem to get a definite answer on this one…

thanks

Hi all,

I am interested in the Allo relay attentuator + Boss DAC. I am considering using it as a pre amp and about matching it with a power amp. I am eyeing a NAD 216 THX which has the following specs:
Input Impedance 60k + 500pF
Input Sensitivity 1.1 V

Will it work with the attentuator + DAC output rating?

Thank you!

Hello,

I mostly use Spotify from a computer or a mobile device. Music is streamed over Airplay to a Kali / Piano2.1. Is it possible to set the sound level from within Spotify or would I have to use the Volumio UI with the plugin to set the volume ?

Thanks

You realize that the relay attenuator is just an analog volume control? the signal path is entirely passive, it uses relays to control a ladder attenuation network. The same technique is used to control the volume of loudspeakers in professional studios, because it doesn’t color the sound and the stereo width is unaffected. It won’t improve your sound, although it will prevent degrading it when you lower the level.