Allo has done it again: when you believe your system already sounds good enough, and you can sit back and enjoy the music quietly you see that Volumio has implemented a plugin for Relay Attenuator. So you buy this new device because in a message from this forum Allo said that I needed one.
The first thing you need to know is that if you use the Volumio volume control, you are missing things because only 100% of volume you will have all the bits (sure the experts will be able to explain this better than me), but even if you use a preamplifier, Relay does the different things with the volume.
The testing team:
-Raspberry Pi 3 powered with linear power supply, Allo isolator with LiFePO4 batteries, Allo Boss, Relay Attenuator
-Professional speakers Neumann Kh120A and subwoofer kh805. My 18 meter room has some acoustic treatments and it sounds great. This equipment is designed to mastering, I can perceive the smallest changes.
You have to burn relay a few hours, at least 50 hours, I know what you’re thinking, but without burning relay slows down the music very fast.
What I’ve noticed on the Relay to love it:
- The sound of the Boss with Isolator I thought it was very analogue, but now scale, not one, but many steps to make a sound that I can not imagine more analogue, not even with a turntable, unless you spend many (many) thousands of euros.
- The focus on the sound scene is much better, there is more separation between instruments, although the scene is not wider, compared to no Relay everything is more together and confusing. The air sounds, it’s hard to explain, if you close your eyes there’s space around each instrument
- There is more detail, and I do not speak of absurd details like a breath or fingers stroking the strings, I talk about reverb, and you hear that sound in the right channel and see how now they move to the left channel to disappear (decay, I do not know if it says so and n English)
- There is more and better bass, very good bass. This can be a bad point if you don’t like Boss’s bassr or think you are short of sharp. Also note that I have a great subwoofer capable of great things.
- The Boss is very musical, the sound is very nice, as Relay multiplies this, the voices are sweet, wonderful. You can only enjoy similar with tubes.
With piano 2.1 and Relay you will have very good things, and although piano scene 2.1 is better and is more detailed, it does not have the sweetness and magic of the Boss with Relay.
And all this for a ridiculous price. I tell you what Allo said: You need a Attenuator Relay.
Remember that it is only my experience and that I do not work for Allo or have any economic interest. My only interest is that you enjoy the music as I do.
Congratulations Allo! You’ve done it again.