Real "Stop Playback" option - as an "essential" feature

The one reason (among i guess many others) it would be very useful, is when I have to unplug my USB Pendrive from the RPi (that contains a lot of my music files) I have to always wipe the Playlist queue before I can detach and “safely remove” the USB drive. So it not just looses the current loaded Playlist queue content fully, but also loses the track where the playback has benn paused the last time. If somehow, that it would be best to operate the way, that when it’s being stopped, it just stores the track id from the queue in the memory (or in a local system file), so it doesn’t have to be always in the “Pause” state and during resuming it just calls up that tiny data again from the memory.

It would be also nice if this could work and remember this “Stop-position” also when the device (Rpi3B+ in my case) is being restarted or switched of and back again after a while.

Hope many other Volumio users would agree regarding the usefulness of this function and so, don’t hesitate to give a vote for this idea.

Thank you!

1 Like