Raspiaudio Audio+ v2 not recognized

I just installed Volumiq 3.251 on a RPi 3b and all seemed fine. I also have the Raspiaudio Audio+ v2 HAT on my RPI, and installed the drivers for that from their website.

The install for Volumio went fine, but when I go and pick a DAC, and select the ‘raspiaudio’ option, when I try to play something, I’m getting the error of:

Error: Failed to open “alsa” (alsa); Failed to open ALSA device “volumio”: No such device.

When I run “aplay -l” on the device, it shows me:
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: sndrpihifiberry [snd_rpi_hifiberry_dac], device 0: HifiBerry DAC HiFi pcm5102a-hifi-0 [HifiBerry DAC HiFi pcm5102a-hifi-0]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

But when I pick the hifiberry_dac option I don’t hear any sound.

What can I do to resolve this??

have you tried this?

DO not install the drivers from their website, just select the RPI-DAC from the drop-down I2S DAC list.

I recommend to start with a fresh install

Well after a fresh install, and choosing both the rPI-DAC and other options, the only way I can get it to play is to use the 3mm jack on the RPI itself. That works fine :frowning:

Any other suggestions? Aplay -l shows the items below:

**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: b1 [bcm2835 HDMI 1], device 0: bcm2835 HDMI 1 [bcm2835 HDMI 1]
Subdevices: 4/4
Subdevice #1: subdevice #1
Subdevice #2: subdevice #2
Subdevice #3: subdevice #3
card 1: Headphones [bcm2835 Headphones], device 0: bcm2835 Headphones [bcm2835 Headphones]
Subdevices: 4/4
Subdevice #1: subdevice #1
Subdevice #2: subdevice #2
Subdevice #3: subdevice #3
card 2: sndrpigooglevoi [snd_rpi_googlevoicehat_soundcar], device 0: Google voiceHAT SoundCard HiFi voicehat-codec-0 [Google voiceHAT SoundCard HiFi voicehat-codec-0]
Subdevices: 1/1

I had a look to the script, I can confirm you should be able to play with that board selecting R-PI DAC or HiFiBerry DAC from the dropdown list, with a fresh install (please reboot afterwards)

If it doesn’t work, maybe you have some hardware problems. Did you try to have the board working with RaspiOS?