I am a Raspi user for quite a long time. So I know the main things.
E.g. I am experienced in writing SD cards to setup noobs or kodi.
But I am completely new to volumio and audio players in general.
The plan is to setup a new device that will be my volumio player.
Device is Raspi 3 B+. (Test with noobs -> raspbian is ok, also a Moode image booted)
And HifiBerry DAC+
To keep it simple at first, I connect no screen, no keyboard/mouse, no DAC.
Wifi is onboard.
- I write the image to the SD card (volumio-2.587-2019-06-11-pi.img) (I also tried different cards which already worked for Raspi)
- I safely remove the card from the PC
- I put the card into the Raspi 3 B+
- I plug in the power (power supply is original Raspberry with 2.5A)
- Red LED gets on
- Nothing more happens: No green activity LED flashing, no Wifi access point after 5 minutes or after 5 hours
I also tried with Ethernet cable instead. No connect listed on the router.
There is no live at all and I have been trying since a week without any progress.
Back to a Raspbian SD card is ok again. So I want to conclude that there is no hardware issue.
It seems that this total failure is not usual. Did not find it with Google.
Thanks for your comments!