Raspberry pi zero w and LCD display 20x4 i2c

I do not speak English fluently. I would like to install the LCD display after the i2c 20x4 rail. Is it possible on raspberry zero w and how to do it?
If there was such a topic, please give some link because I am looking for a few days and every plugin are some complications - none works.

Anyone?

Wysłane z mojego XT1635-02 przy użyciu Tapatalka

volumio@volumio:~$ sudo apt-get install lcdproc Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these: The following packages have unmet dependencies: lcdproc : Depends: libconfig-model-lcdproc-perl (>= 2.042-2) but it is not going to be installed Depends: libconfig-model-perl (>= 2.059) but it is not going to be installed Recommends: lcdproc-extra-drivers but it is not going to be installed libpam-systemd : Depends: systemd (= 215-17+deb8u8) but it is not going to be installed radiod : Depends: python-mpd but it is not going to be installed systemd-sysv : Depends: systemd (= 215-17+deb8u7) but it is not going to be installed PreDepends: systemd but it is not going to be installed E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).
I have no idea how to bite it

Hi dj_e,

Try the PydPiper or the hd44780 plugin.
Just do a google search for “volumio pydpiper” or “volumio hd44780”.

Best Regards
Josef

ok
I have installed volumio again and updated it.
I uploaded the plugin and launched it.

When you start voumio, this effect:

IMG_20200321_113446501.jpg

When you turn on play such:

IMG_20200321_113446501.jpg

settings:

1.JPG

The i2c line test showed address 3F:

volumio@volumio:~$ sudo i2cdetect -y 1 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a b c d e f 00: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 10: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 20: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 30: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 3f 40: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 50: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 60: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 70: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Anyone?
I can’t interpret it. On the one hand, he gets the result that the display is addressed correctly, on the other hand, no communication.
I don’t know how well the I2C line works and whether this operation is correct.

So at least I know that initiation is missing.
Someone something?

I disabled the plugin in Volumio and run the pydPiper service in a docker container.
Instructions can be found here: github.com/dhrone/pydPiper

Runs (almost) out of the box…just run the install_docker.sh followed by install_volumio.sh

.Nico

sorry, but I’m not fluent in the Linux world.
That’s why it takes me so long to run it. Sorry, but the tutorial she sent is not complete.
In point 2 it is written to edit the service - unfortunately it is not written and it causes me a problem. Thanks for the help.

1. disable (or uninstall) the pydpiper plugin in Volumio
  2. enable ssh to your volumio player in volumio.local/dev
    (click enable ssh button)
  3. login with ssh to your volumio player: ssh volumio@volumio.local
    username=volumio
    password=volumio
  4. run the following commands:
    git clone https://github.com/dhrone/pydPiper.git
    cd pydPiper
    ./install_docker.sh
    ./install_volumio.sh

follow the instructions on your screen.

Thanks. I may not be an eagle, but I can do something, that’s why I started from point 4. It quickly turned out that you need to uninstall the plugin. I started with the correct installation and it turned out that when running the plugin there were such complications, of course, it was not installed:

[code]UPDATING pydPiper.cfg
Creating pydpiper.service file

cp: not writing through dangling symlink ‘/etc/systemd/system/pydpiper.service’
Failed to execute operation: No such file or directory
Failed to start pydpiper.service: Unit pydpiper.service failed to load: No such file or directory.[/code]

I wonder if it will do with a clean volumio installation.

:frowning: