RadioParadise plugin Flac, works only for a while.

Let’s see, I do not understand, if I disconnect from the internet, RP Flac keeps listening for at least 15 sec., If the problem were internet cuts, should not be “absorbed” by the cache?

I’m still investigating the problem.
I installed Jriver 24.0 that has a built-in plugin to play RadioParadise en Flac. It has a similar problem.
Users begin to report failures in the forum more or less when I begin to notice this problem.
They are very disoriented, they still can not find a solution.
regards

Have you noticed that the official Radio Paradise web player now also offers a flac option?

radioparadise.com/player

You can switch to flac in the configuration. Does it work this way for you? Or does it interrupt here as well?

If I am aware, it works correctly, without interruptions. For me what is practical is to use it directly from Volumio, it is a family team, it has to be easy to manage.

I’ve previously posted my issues in another thread but I’m experiencing the same problems. My issues last summer were fixed by using the wireless connection and Comcast replacing my modem. Recently the stream just stops using either my wireless or wired connection. I’ll be glad to post the logs if anyone has an interest in looking at them.

Hello Marco, I found something interesting, RadioParadiset has 4 channels:
Main Mix
Mellow Mix
Rock Mix
Groovy Mix

The Main Mix channel is eg:
audio-3.radioparadise.com/block … 98619.flac
The Mellow Mix channel in:
audio-3.radioparadise.com/block … 59450.flac
The Rock Mix in:
audio-3.radioparadise.com/block … 59450.flac

and so.

They could be added to the plugin. It could also be used to see if the same random-cut problem occurs in all the channels.

Regard

mmmm, here it seems to me that it only delivers information from channel 0, I do not know if it’s viable …

Well, I asked Bill and he answered this:

pass the following variable:

chan=0 (the default) is the main mix
1 - mellow
2 - rockin’
3 - groovy

We’ll be adding more. /list_chan will return a list of the currently-active channels.

thanks
-bg

Bill Goldsmith
Radio Paradise
www.radioparadise.com

I return to the load with the problem of random cutting.
We discard the plugin.
I have a new internet connection, everything works very fluid, I discard network problem.
I pass a copy of sudo journalctl -f with the beginning of the reproduction, its cut a few minutes after the cut.
I hope you can tell me what is happening.

https://pastebin.com/9Jd6ASTS

I guess we are the only two people that have this problem

Hahaha! Yes, that seems. I am afraid of being very heavy, but it bothers me that something I use a lot does not work and I do not find the reason.
Now I am using a Windows app, TuneBlade, that allows me to send via AirPlay the sound of the RadioParadise website to Volumio. There I can choose the channel and of course in Flac. It works very well.
The other issue is that of the channels, I’m seeing if I can modify the plugin myself, but ne exceeds …, it seems very simple.

regards

Me too…

I think the problem of cuts in Radio Paradise is not due to the plugin itself, nor to an internet connection problem.
@Marco at some point made us try to save a RadioWeb pointing to a playback file of RadioParadise, (these are changing, hence the need for the plugin)
For example, I made a RadioWeb with the address https://audio-3.radioparadise.com/blocks/chan/0/4/1815330-1815335.flac?src=alexa
It is clear that the plugin does not participate in the reproduction.
In this case the reproduction should last about 29 minutes.
The broadcast is cut off randomly and playback is restarted.
I played the same file in VLC, it works correctly. So the problem is not in the RadioParadise broadcast format either.
Is the problem in Volumio then? @Michelangelo can you look at it?
Sorry for the insistent, but there is something that does not work correctly in Volumio and that drives me crazy!

regards

This is still an issue for me also . I have LMS running again and the problem is still happening there so this link has been provided before on this thread but by way of an update here it is again .
forums.slimdevices.com/showthre … (Plugin-v2/page61&s=7aa410bbdaddc636fdb97bbf1269ff1f

I have had RP flac feed playing faultless for hours over this past weekend almost 7 hours on saturday and at the point where i was thinking it has gone away or the issue has been solved it happens again .
It seems for me when the stream supplied via Volumio into an allo digione in to a stand alone rega dac connected via a spdif coax connection begins to break up and stutter that when i refresh the stream in the RP plugin it becomes stable again for a short time sometimes it can then happen again within an hour.
There does not seem to be a pattern other than it does happen everyday without fail as a flac feed the 320 kbps feed is faultless and will play all day without problem rarely it goes of completely and the feed has to be restarted but very rarely.

LMS now seems to have a different problem for me as it will play for a period of time with no faults then the flac feed begins to fault every second or so which interupts the music feed and then it will play fine for a short period of time then repeat this i do not have to restart the feed it just goes away of it’s own accord and begins playing normally again .
I like danielfelix and others have tried to isolate this problem without success i have checked my router and rebuilt my home network to try and find this fault and many other things including isolating other music equipment i use on my music system all have produced no difference it still happens daily .
I have run out of idea’s now and await somebody with more knowledge to fix this.

So in my conclusion i don’t think it is a Volumio problem exclusively as LMS has it’s issue’s also but it is DAMN Frustrating to have the flac feed available and not access it without fault. I do wonder why more people dont report this issue but then maybe not everbody use’s forums to help find faults or solutions .

Regards Digitalius

I also discard that it is a problem of the DAC, I have two Rasp with Volumio, one with Allo Boss and the other with USB DAC Dragonfly and in both the problem is repeated.
What strikes me is the operation of the web radio with the URL of the RP broadcast. In Volumio the transmission is cut and in VLC it is not cut.
For me there is something in the way Flac files play in the web radio player.
Keep in mind that this problem is relatively new, before it worked wonders.
I still have to try an old version of Volumio.

(edit)
It also does not work with Volumio 2.378…

Here another similar case.
https://stream.and-stuff.nl:8443/live-riverside-flac
This emits in flac, you only hear a song and it cuts, you have to reload. In VLC the flow is constant, it works correctly.
Can a relationship be established?
regards

To people with the dropouts:

• Which DAC are you using?
  • Which power supply are you using (specs)?
  • Are there any other flac(!) streams working without problems in Volumio?
  • Could you please try to listen to the FLAC stream without DAC? So just the Raspberry Pi with built-in audio?

. Allo Boss 1.0 DAC
. DIY power, 2 trafo 50VA 12V, 2 module LT1083, one for Rasp another for DAC
. Yes, hd.stream.frequence3.net/frequence3.flac
. In the afternoon I try.

Topic other radios stream en flac, I let F3 flac work and later I confirm you do not cut.
Topic DAC, I have 2 teams with Volumio, one with Allo Boss and another with Dragonfly USB DAC and both are cut, so I rule out that it is a DAC problem.
Excuse me, I answered without thinking.

I confirm that both radios work well, tested with different rasp + Volumio + DAC.