Qobuz on Volumio

Hi Volumio Devs

Great work I love myvolumio - using it via an Allodigione and I very happy with the quality.

I am also glad to see that Qobuz is now running well on volumio - since I had some issues in the past but these seem to have been fixed.

I am noticing one issue which I am not sure if you are aware of.

High Res content from Qobuz is being marked as being 96KHz 24bit when in fact it is 44.1KHz 24Bit. This is not a big issue but it could confuse some people who like to see at what quality they are actually streaming. I noticed this since my DAC clearly shows the actual streaming quality. Also in the Qobuz app I verified the maximum quality of the content I was playing.

Would like to see this being fixed.

Also - any change or integrating genres in Qobuz/Volumio?

Thanks

1 Like

Hello Alex,

Where do you get the feeling that Qobuz integration works? Its actually really bad. Im running a Pi-4 with 8GB internal mem with a 32 GB disk. with a Qobuz studio Premier sub.
List if issues:

• Loading My tracks takes ages. I have a 1 GB fibre as Internet connection directly attached to my router…
  • Skipping songs just skips randomly to as ogn but certainly not the next one as supposed to
  • Sometimes playlist or tracks don’t even load all together
1 Like

Hello
From my point of view, the Qobuz integration works flawlessly. The display of the resolution is correct as it should. I compared it to the Qobuz app. I cannot see any delays in operation.
But it takes too long for the changes to my favorite albums and the news from Qobuz to be displayed.

I would also very much appreciate the expansion of a filter of genres in Qobuz / Volumio!
Even if you can see which genre it is on the album, it would be great, like in the Qobuz app.

regards

2 Likes

I just moved from Tidal to Qobuz and noticed that Volumio doesn’t play the songs all the way to the end. Next song starts at random point. Sometimes middle of the the song and sometimes near the end of the song that is playing.

Had no such issues with Tidal though. Any way to fix this?

EDIT: link to log: http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/Z0idHl0.html

EDIT #2: In my case the problem seems to happen more often when pausing a playlist that has songs from Qobuz.

I listen to music, then hit the pause button, when I have attend a meeting. After the meeting I press play and the song starts, but quickly skips to the next one. After a few songs, the skipping happens randomly and at some point doesn’t happen anymore.

1 Like

Qobuz team. Please respond to one of these threads. Qobuz is an absolute mess right now. There is thread after thread on all these problems. Is anyone looking into this?

1 Like

I had the same issues. Loading the beta build of version 3 fixed it for me.

1 Like

I’ve noticed the same problem, seems to be all 24/44.1 content gets presented as 24/96 in Volumio.

I just tried playing Qobuz with MyVolumio on a RPi-3 with IQaudio DAC and once per second the track advances in a big step and each track only lasts 30 seconds, no matter how many minutes the track is supposed to play for.
As a result, this is unusable. Has anyone experienced this problem? I’m running the latest version of Volumio (2.907).

1 Like

Hi Guys,
I was having many problems in the UI with 2.9 on pi-4 with Qobuz. Impossible to use it by my wife and even me. Then I ve just installed the v3 rc1 and tried again. Okay, now I understand the bugs which I will report in the v3 thread also:

• when selecting Qobuz and then a playlist or “my tracks” (which means my Favorite in the qobuz app) then a window opens with the whole list. When selecting a song, the whole list seems to be copied into the queue and then the song is launched, but it takes ages if the list is big, like 400 in this case : it takes 20 seconds ish. and during that time nothing happen so you are tempted to try another and then you get fooled.

• second problem : when selecting another song from this same window, some time you do not get the right one, but a song which is later in the list. The reason is that Qobuz sometime removes songs from their catalog (probably due to license right changes) but the song is still apearing in the list. and then this jeopardized the selection between whats displayed and what is played!

Now once a song is launched and started, if you close the original qobuz list window and open the queue window, then launching song is immediate and in this queue list the non-existing song have been removed properly from the display and then the song you select is always valid.

So, please review the process of displaying the qobuz list so that the non-existant song are just not show in the list and this will be fine. Second, make sure the process of copying the list in the queue is not delayed by some waiting code regarding this missing song. this might solve and finally create a good user experience. I ve paid for Virtuoso and expect it to work one day !

Thanks in advance;
fabriceo

1 Like

+1 It does not happen with all my tracks here, but I´ve noticed the problem as well.

Thanks for the feedback, we are looking into it

1 Like

One thing I thought would be fixed in V3 was that the Volumio UI for Qobuz shows 24/44.1 or 24/48 content as 24/96 and 24/176.4 as 24/196. But it’s still the same problem!

1 Like

Hi Guys,
I ve just installed the latest 3.251 and there is still the annoying bug when playing a first song from “my tracks”.
As explained in December above, you can have dead links in playlist, or songs removed by Qobuz from their catalog.
Then this adds lead time when copying the list into the queue and the played song is sometime not the one selected due to these dead links.

The solution is to use the Qobuz native player, where we can see the dead links in gray color, then remove them from the Favorites or playlist.
It is necessary to disconnect, reboot then reconnect Qobuz in the Volumio Sources to get the playlist and favorites updated and then it works ok.
Still the time to copy a Favorite list of 400 songs is around 15 seconds but ok, once you know and understand this you can manage. You could organize to start playing the song selected while doing the copy in parallel…

To help you dealing with this dead links problem, here is a playlist containing only dead links that you can add to your own test playlist and replicate easily.
https://open.qobuz.com/playlist/9184254

thanks in advance
fabriceo

I m just posting to say that the Qobuz problem described above seems to be solved. Currently using 3.396.

The “dead links” are now removed from the list when volumio retrieves the songs, and thus there is no more shift between the chosen song and the one played. Also after the list is retrieved, the time to transfer it in the playing queue is about 20sec for 400 songs, and only for the first song played. Once the list is in the playing queue then each switch is almost immediate , so a normal behavior.
Still the time to transfer the 400 song is too long compared to the native QOBUZ player, but now a noob can reasonably use this Qobuz interface once he/she knows this first time limitation. Thanks to the developers.

1 Like