Qobuz connect feature

+1 Totally agree
please do not keep it personal but Qobuz UI is much better than Volumio’s :slight_smile:

But Qobuz does not offer it, see this statement

Well, we could have a possible workaround.
In Android, if you click on the “share” button in qobuz, you can then choose which app you want for sharing. Maybe in iPhone is similar.

What if Volumio’s app was able to start playback from such link?
E.g. i get this link from Qobuz:
Ascolta Speak to Me di Pink Floyd su Qobuz https:// open.qobuz. com/track/47683551
If i search 47683551 in Volumio I am able get it !

They do offer it, the problem is that it’s quite unclear what the offering is.

Below is a screenshoot from Qobuz homepage taken today, but the info is very generic.
In the past they had some more detailed information, but that has been removed.

Since Volumio is listed on their homepage as a partner I guess Volumio could reach out to Qobuz to ask for some clarification?

Skärmbild 2021-12-15 144949

That looks more like they are saying their native app can wirelessly cast/stream the music to other sources, rather than that they have some API to offer.

Does volumio implement google cast protocol? Basically everything supports that nowdays, and there would be no need for service specific integrations.

1 Like

In the now removed info I remember they talked about it briefly in similar terms as what Spotify offers, have tried to find an archived page.
They maybe felt they couldn’t live up to it and that’s why it’s been removed.

There where some questions about it also in their yearly survey, but also only in quite generic terms.

If I recall correctly. difference between Spotify connect and Qobuz connect, is dat Spotify connect can act as a remote control, while Qobuz connect only streams via BT to a connected device.

So is it possible, that Qobuz Connect will be available some day?
I‘d be very interested since the app itself to me is very satisfying

Still like to see qobuz connect one day. Then I can use the Qobuz app to browse and play content. That is sometimes easier than through volumio.

Up. Still waiting for qobuz connect…

@6pa4o
Ain’t you barking against the wrong tree here?

Tidal/Spotify API != Qobuz API.
What Qobuz doesn’t has, can’t be implemented in Volumio

4 Likes

Found this message on Qobuz, as WiiM placed it on their roadmap.

1 Like