pushupdates.volumio.org is requested every 4-5 sec

Dear all,

today morning I restarted my Raspberry new, because I installed the POE Hat.
After restart, everything works fine, but I can see that the Volumio send out a request to pushupdates.volumio.org every 4-5 seconds.
These requests I couldn’t see before at all.

Internet connection is available and working fine.

Does anyone know why suddenly these requests appear?
I am using the latest version of Volumio and a restart does not change anything.

Thank you,

Floppsi

I am also seeing this through my DNS. I currently have it blocked.

Can anyone explain what needs to be pushed so often?

This is an endpoint for the push OTA updater that we are building as an improvement to the current update mechanism (Volumio will tell you when a new update is available instead of you checking it manually).

You’re seeing all this calls since our server for push updates is experiencing some technical issues since last friday, and the client tries to reconnect every 5 seconds. Once we’ll solve this (in a couple of days) you won’t see it anymore

Thank you for the info! I thought there must be some issue since it shot past the MSFT calls for home.

Thank you very much for the information. :slight_smile:

Hello,

I updated to volumio 2.586 yesterday and now I’m seeing this same behaviour. It’s running on a RPi 3 with an IQaudIO DAC+.

nickbaile

I’m seeing this too; all players running version 2.673 on RPi.
Added the domain to the block list in Pi hole.

Looks like this has started again… I’m seeing DNS requests in my PiHole for pushupdates.volumio.org every couple of seconds…

I have the same problem. Tinkerboard system version 3.251.
Every 5 seconds there is a reconnect to ‘pushupdates.volumio.org
After ‘volumio endpoint’ test: all endpoints are reachable except pushupdates.volumio.org
WARNING!!! Some remote endpoints cannot be reached!
Failing endpoints: http://pushupdates.volumio.org, 149 ms

Just recently started getting this too. There is a request once every 6 seconds. Same results with the endpoint tests too.

So I’m guessing something int he communication there goes wrong and the system just retries every 6 seconds?

Google results all have to do with DNS going wrong, but I can ping the address just fine. Switching DNS servers between the common ones hasn’t helped either.

I did another ‘volumio endpoint’ test today. Now everything is fine again.
The result: REMOTE ENDPOINTS TEST OK, all Endpoints are reachable
Thanks volumio :+1:t4:

1 Like