PUBLIC BETA TEST:New Volumio release with metadata discovery

Final (this time for real) beta release is out.
This looks like the good one: 2.773

I can say : YES, THAT’S RIGHT !

On Odroid C2 :

a. METADATA - works, and it is FAST !

d. Digital - Analog input - available as : ODROID-HDMI ( Is it an input, not output ? )

g. HIGHRESAUDIO.COM - works, I’m using 1 week free subscription …

Thank to ALL contributors …
I feel that my update from virtuoso to superstar was not so bad idea :slight_smile:

And at the end, i did update as from my previous post :

1. I was created file : /data/ignoresystemcheck in the mornig - before 2.767 update
  2. Do OTA update to 2.773
  3. restore ( previously backed up) :
    • /boot/boot.ini
    • /boot/meson64_odroidc2.dtb
    • /etc/lirc/*

But my web radios were not restored …

Really happy to hear that! Enjoy!

PS: And you’ll see how many cool features we have coming after that :wink:

Michelangelo,

Here are few observation after some hours of usage :

1. HIGHRESAUDIO user interface look really great, and usable
  2. Search sometimes behave strange
  3. Every 2 - 3 - 4 tracks did not finished, just skipped to next one, using HIGHRESAUDIO …
  4. Pressing on three button to have a Play, Add to queue, … menu, and selecting some command, the menu is left on screen until you clink on whatever place on screen …

And Yes, my secret expectation was ( when I apply for VIRSTUOSO, then upgrade to SUPERSTAR), that this is just a beginnig of nice journey with volumio. ( Film Black Cat, White Cat - Emir Custurica : “Louie, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship …”
look here : youtube.com/watch?v=3UhCiTa5M5g

Have A Nice Evening !

I can no longer find the /var/log/volumio.log file. Maybe it has been moved?

Great to hear! And yes, I love that movie (and its sountrack!)

We removed it as it was redundant, you can see logs using sudo journalctl -f

Ok, thank’s!

Released :wink:

ok. i tried this version on pi3+ with supronics x5000.
the system are fast. i have tried a bluetooh integrated plugin and works very well (it would be great to be able to activate it by paying once shot only for this function without a subscription)
the metadata are great and very fast.
in the seach artist tab it would be nice to have the links that take you to the initial letter(img example)

then I always hope in a dream that volume supports amazon prime music. but I understand it depends on amazon.

thanks to all the staff volumio it’s a perfect and beautiful and functional system.

#celafaremo
VOLUMIO.jpg

2.773 (latest dev at date) working fine on a Raspberry 3 + Audioinjector stereo DAC!
What is the source of the metadata?
Thanks Michelangelo, staff and contributors, the system is just about perfect!

Also running fine on my Pi Zero with JustBoom DAC.

Running both as an internet radio and also sometimes playing stuff locally from my NAS. All working fine, no glitches or errors to report.

Very impressed with the stability and the new features, keep up the good work.

Sorry to be the party-pooper, but I think something is strange here.

I pay for Volumio Virtuoso to use Qobuz (or Tidal), with Qobuz (or Tidal) comes all the metadata about music, artists, etc. you want, only it is not visible in Volumio.
And now I have to pay extra for Superstar to see metadata…

To me it seems this feature should be given with Virtuoso, not Superstar.

Encountered 2 issues, I could not use the couple it just charged me for superstar, I have changed back dont know if I will get a refund or extension

on the latest version, there is no homepage just blank screen. When I try to inspect the webpage this is what I get on all browers ( Edge, Chrome, Firefox and mobile (chrome) )

<!doctype html>Volumio - Audiophile Music Player<!–[if lt IE 10]>

You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.

If use a volume phisical button with my samsung a6 on ufficial volumio app the volume level not work and display this. The level not change.

edit. With 2776 works perfectly

Suggested Feature:

The Artist/Album Credit Feature is great addition. Great Job

My suggestion for that new feature is built in editor, it sucks when you have a huge collection having to search and find/fix your metadata mistake sucks. Example AC/DC works but Ac/DC don’t due to a simple issue. So my two ideas are, when submitting the data to the artist data base, preprocess the data first like with String.toLowerCase() or have built in editor that is simple to use and not overcomplicated and you really don’t need all the metadata fields, just the ones that affect album/artist viewing in Volumio. I haven’t dug into the mpd database and api very deep but that would be a great new feature.

But I know it will be complicate due to designing a easy to use album batch converting and then running MPD update, and without actually editing the file, reinstall or mpd update will revert to original metadata.

Only thoughts i have with batch converting, a button that will allow check boxes or field selection when under album view. And will only let you edit Artist & Album Names.

I threw together a couple of quick mock ups

Hong,

How do you get your alums with pictures like that, I was u user of Moode, and that works for the albums
perfectly. but now I add it as a harddisk, I only see maps, and sometimes pictures

Thanks