Project with PeppyMeter Screensaver Plugin for VOLUMIO v2.9xx and 3.0xx buster

For waveshare 11.9 inch screen while setting up Volumio with Peppymeter, what are the things needs to be taken care and activeted during the installation. can you please share the list of those items. Also what would be the Peppymeter resolution for a 11.9 inch HDMI screen.

Kindly guide

Activate the touch display plugin first!

The following entries should be made for the display in the userconfig.txt

Waveshare LCD 11.9 inch

max_framebuffer_height=1480
hdmi_group=2
hdmi_mode=87
hdmi_timings=320 0 80 16 32 1480 0 16 4 12 0 0 0 60 0 42000000 3
display_rotate=3 #1: 90; 2: 180; 3: 270

install the plugin PeppyMeter
follow the instructions above

@rajiv.kumar1984
do not delete the customer 5 folder!

Add the entries for the skin you are using to the meter.txt file
and copy the files to the customer 5 folder!

Please don’t download from github, but use the plugin. This will download the latest version of Peppy Meter and does all the necessary settings for Volumio.
https://community.volumio.com/uploads/short-url/bUZ6KlbUuyCPgvwLmsLytLhUzw.zip

thanks , now its working in full screen

while copying file in custom 5 folder , don’t delete anything , good luck

thanks

what is the difference to the Github repository peppy_screensaver?

@michel8166 Hi,
thanks for the response, sorry I am so slow at responding. I do not have a music_service folder under plugins. mine looks like:

-plugins
|_miscellanea
|_user_interface

Also volspotify.tmpl sounds a lot like Spotify specific, I am using Tidal Connect and local (USB harddrive). That’s why I didn’t pay much attention to the post when I looked for a solution. I don’t know if it’s the same file I need to customize r there is a specific for tidal/local ?

1 Like

@hifipi indeed was specific to spotify, sorry my mistake. I hadn’t seen that it was about the complete peppymeter needles that don’t move.

I had the same problem last week and had to install peppymeter again 2x before it worked, I wouldn’t know what caused that.
how did you install peppymeter?
it is best to use download as a plug-in.
in my case the meters only move when I select software mixer under playback options/mixer type.

Thinks this is very clear?

@michel8166 Thanks, used volume plugin update and set mixer to software, and now the meters are moving :slight_smile:

Where do you get the custom skin? And how to install it? Looks awesome :slight_smile:

• 11.9inch IPS screen, 320 x 1480 resolution.

Working well

2 Likes

I’ve been trying to install Peppymeter via the Plugin but can not find it. I went to /dev and clicked Test Plugins True , it didn’t stay highlighted. I went back and the same plugins were listed. I assume I’m doing something basic and have tried searching these forums. Thanks

I think your search is broken, just 6 topics back…

I use a NV126B5M-N42 BOE 12.6" screen ( support 1920x515 ), and choose custom 4 screensaver. But I just got a 640x480 screen. Please help.

(remark: I follow Andy Yong’s youtube guide as below, Volumio with PeppyMeter PlugIn Installation Guide - YouTube)

Please have a look here for custom templates 1920x515

Thanks for reply.

I use plugin from Gelos5

and overwrite *.txt.

I need further modification of the text file when using NV126B5M-N42?