Project with PeppyMeter Screensaver Plugin for VOLUMIO v2.9xx and 3.0xx buster

Hi @Gelo5,

Pardon me this is my first try. I must say its very interesting and challenging for a layman. Thanks for the corrected skin. :pray:t4:

Hi @Gelo5 again,

Your work is a real masterpiece! What’s a big difference nice contrast, coloration and proportion. You’re the man!!! :clap:t4: :clap:t4: :clap:t4:

2 Likes

1920x1080 NAD_Wadax.zip (1.3 MB)
@Topdevice
By the way, can I use your photos to show the skins? Of course, in this forum.

1 Like

Oh-ee! NAD!!!

1 Like

I am also learning from you.
Remake - black and white.
my first skin)

1 Like

Of course, show photos of your skins everywhere

Thank you very much

can you make video guide for volumio x86?

Experiment for 1280x400

1280x400.zip (2.3 MB)

All updates are here:

Project with PeppyMeter Screensaver Plugin for VOLUMIO v2.9xx and 3.0xx buster - #738 by Gelo5?
or after clicking on my avatar!Screenshot_20220606-154335_copy_195x105_copy_97x52

4 Likes

Hi @Gelo5,

Very happy to receive more 1280 x 400 skin for my new 7.9" LCD screen.

Thank you very much!

I don’t think it’ll work with x86. However, someone says he followed my TBS installation guide and it worked for 5 minutes. :slight_smile:

Hi,

I see some interest to the PeppyMeter in this community. A lot of nice screensavers have been created here.

There is another “hidden” functionality in the ‘peppyalsa’ plugin (used by PeppyMeter). It provides a Spectrum Analyzer functionality. So far it was used only as a screensaver in the Peppy Player. To make it available for a broader audience I have created a stand-alone program PeppySpectrum:

Its structure and configuration is very similar to the PeppyMeter. Here is the documentation:

So, @2aCD if there is the interest in the PeppySpectrum it could be also integrated to the same or new screensavers.

Best regards

2 Likes

Very good idea!! It gives many new solutions. Cool!
Only such resolutions?

• UI is available in four resolutions 320x240, 480x320, 800x480, 1280x400 pixels.
1 Like

For x86 it works exactly with the same tweak as the Tinker Board S. Same issue with default installatio (screensaver does not start) and same solution.

1 Like

You can create a custom spectrum in any resolution the same way you do that in PeppyMeter - create new folder and provide new spectrum.txt file with properties specific for your resolution.

OK, we work. How do you combine it with PeppyMeter?

3 Likes

I believe @2aCD was working on the programming side (Python) of the screensaver. I don’t know if anybody else can work on that.

I see.
Something won’t install

In terminaL;

git clone GitHub - project-owner/PeppySpectrum
sudo apt-get install python3-pygame
pip3 install Pillow

Edit:
The case was cleared up.

I’m not sure what is your question. Please drop me a private message. I don’t want to flood this thread with technical details. Thanks!

1 Like

Better to open a topic for the spectrum meter, as a lot of folks might be interested. In this case we have everything group together.

1 Like