Project with PeppyMeter Screensaver Plugin for VOLUMIO v2.9xx and 3.0xx buster

Hello , vumeters are in different places in all pictures, I have adjusted 5 of them with meter.y and mtere.x, thank you very much for your valuable help.

Thanks @ Gelo5 for the 1280 x 400 screensavers :pray:

1 Like

Hello,

I have found a way to deactivate or activate a plugin. With a command in ssh, I rename the respective plugin folder. You can include this in a script. I built a shortcut for my iPhone that turns the PeppyMeter plugin off or on. So that no errors occur, I have written another start script that always activates the plugin at system startup.

Best regards

1 Like

Hi that’s brilliant! :+1: Can you share how this can be done?

1 Like

https://community.volumio.com/t/control-a-plugin-via-ssh/58566/3?u=mchief

1 Like

Hello everyone,

I now have the same display as mchief (1480x320) in operation. When I copy the files from gelo to Orner Wide, Peppymeter is shown, but only on part of the display. What do I have to do to get a full screen?

You did copy the correct folder? As the background image is a fixed size (1480x320). If it only covers a small pice, it sound like the wrong folder is loaded/copied

1 Like

I think so too, but there is no custom folder with this resolution, so I took the wide one, but it is specified as 1280x420 in the plugin.

1 Like

please look at the last posting in this topic.

I didn’t find anything about my question there, only the skins from Gelo. The skins run yes, but not in full screen. I also think Wide is the wrong folder, but I don’t know which one to use.
I couldn’t find anything about that in the posts.

Create a folder like:
custom_1 (1280x320), copy the images and meters.txt to it.
run cmd:
volumio vrestart

Goto to the plugin settings and select the folder.

I did it like this, Peppymeter doesn’t start

for testing set the first option to 5 seconds., save it and reboot your system.

I’ll test further tomorrow, but I had just run entire titles and it wouldn’t start. Many thanks for the help.

Copy to the Custom_5 (1920x480) folder

I tried copying the skins to the 1920x480 folder yesterday. However, I had only tested with the Advance X22o Skin. The image remained black even after I stopped playback. I tested again last night. The skins Technics, Luxman, McIntosh, Sansui and Naim work. Unfortunately, Advance and Accuphase do not.

They must work, I checked. All 12 skins work (2xSansui, 2xAdvance, 2xAccuphase, 2xTechnics, Naim, Luxman, McIntosh, Sony). Download again and overwrite.

If the skin is “black only” - art is missing or there is a bug in meters.txt

Hi Gelo,

thanks for the tip, I deleted the entire contents of the 192x480 folder and copied the freshly loaded skins. Everything is going perfectly now.

Thank you also for the new skins - great work!

Dear volumio-Team, I hope to get help here. I installed volumio v 3.212 for Khadas on my VIM2 with Khadas Tone Board and it works pretty good. I like the peppymeter very much and installed the Plugin v1.3.0 to it, too . Everything is working only the meters don‘t move. I tried both settings, DSD and alsa in the Plugin settings without effort. On setting alsa there comes a red window with no alsa device named volumio found and the player doesn‘t play music. With DSD it plays music, switches to the screensaver but the needles don’t move. I read all the 1415 entries here but couldn‘t find the solution. Hope you can give me a hint :blush:
Thanks a lot, Dieter