problems with volume control via mpd client and python-mpd

Hello,

I have just set up volumio2 and it looks amazing. i’m just having an issue with external volume control. it seems like it is not possible any more to control the volume with an external client (eg. mpod) or also via python mpd (client.setvol())
nothing happens with shareport, but with python i get the following exception:

File "test_mpd.py", line 9, in <module> client.setvol(50) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mpd.py", line 629, in decorator return wrapper(self, name, args, bound_decorator(self, returnValue)) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mpd.py", line 254, in _execute return retval() File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mpd.py", line 623, in decorator return function(self, *args, **kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mpd.py", line 379, in _fetch_nothing line = self._read_line() File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mpd.py", line 291, in _read_line raise CommandError(error) mpd.CommandError: [52@0] {setvol} problems setting volume
can anybody help?
best regards

paul

As of now, Volume can’t be controlled via mpd clients, see here:
github.com/volumio/Volumio2/issues/572

thanks for the fast reply!!! is it going to be possible? i would love to use python for controlling volumio via gpio…
best regards

paul

Yes, and there’s a plugin coming to control volumio via GPIO. No coding needed…

that’s going to be great!!! will there be a plugin to connect displays as well? do you know how long this is going to take? right now i just use the piradio python scripts in volumio and they work after some adjusting.
do you know bob rathbones piradio? http://www.bobrathbone.com/raspberrypi/Raspberry%20PI%20Radio.pdf
maybe this could also be interesting to implement as a plugin?
best regards and again: awesome project!!!

paul